Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Dec 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #601 of 1,472
Those boot times are typical Android. Any of you who might have ever used an Apple product would know that it takes even more time to boot (atleast my 4s does). I don't think that's too big of a deal.
About DSEE, I don't think that option currently works. As per Sony, it's functionality  was supposed to be added in the upcoming update.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #604 of 1,472
  Happy Birthday Rob & Vect hope you had a good one, I'll catch up with the thread later.

Vect, is that the Clear-Case fitted to your Sony?, have you fitted a Screen-Protector?, did you get them from Sony-UK?

I got the case from an ebay listing... and customs got me :frowning2:, yes it comes with an screen protector but it came from Japan.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #605 of 1,472
  Not really, my PhD is depressing, I miss my family on the other side of the lake, I miss my dog... I miss the food and honestly speaking, the weather in Sheffield doesn't helps much to feel myself "at home"... other than that, well, I'm just glad that I have my music and that I have a good DAP for it...

I had a PS2... I knew that I could play SACDs with it, unfortunately I never got myself of one. I got your drift though, the thing you mention is called "soundstage" as it allows to hear many instruments from "different" places. In reality, they became so clear that they become very easily differentiated, even more when you have nice headphones for it! :D. Sony did hit the nail on the head.. now I just need a way to put an SD card to it and I'm all set !!! :)

Sorry to hear that Vect. I'm sure you cope best you can, and like you say, you have the pleasure of your music & DAP's e.t.c. ( My music / internet, gets me through parts of my days. )
Yes, an SD card would be nice, but I guess that's Sony's marketing ploy to get consumers to buy more than one product ! ( Which appears to be the case with quite a few forum members, so far. )

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #606 of 1,472
  Happy Birthday Rob & Vect hope you had a good one, I'll catch up with the thread later.

Vect, is that the Clear-Case fitted to your Sony?, have you fitted a Screen-Protector?, did you get them from Sony-UK?

Thank you Noble G. ( The BIG 50 !....OHHHH ! is next week. ) At least I have a new DAP to take to my friends, on the day. )

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #607 of 1,472
  That boot time someone mentioned on this android device is something I dont understand about Sony. After releasing X & A walkmans which had zero boot time and starts instantly after the welcome screen appears all these models after Z have that scanning files stuff which actually irritates me. I've used both X & A more than the current players Sony released and though its not something of a 'big difference', there are some nights when I take out the Z & F (older series) and feel like throwing it out the window.

same feeling. it's not that much of a deal to wait less than 30secs. but when the battered old boy actually starts the music 10 times faster it makes you lose your cool sometimes. humans get used to comfort very fast.
well you can let the dap awake instead of really turning it off, then it starts playing very fast as soon as you push the physical play button. can't tell how much is the power consumption while idling like that but it seems to be around 1 or 2% per hour with everything OFF. so not that much of a problem.

I think an external battery is a must if anybody actually plans on using the dap for anything else than music.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #608 of 1,472

same feeling. it's not that much of a deal to wait less than 30secs. but when the battered old boy actually starts the music 10 times faster it makes you lose your cool sometimes. humans get used to comfort very fast.
well you can let the dap awake instead of really turning it off, then it starts playing very fast as soon as you push the physical play button. can't tell how much is the power consumption while idling like that but it seems to be around 1 or 2% per hour with everything OFF. so not that much of a problem.

I think an external battery is a must if anybody actually plans on using the dap for anything else than music.

My standby time is only 5% after 11 hours, with bluetooth activated. Like I said before, be careful with whatever you install on the device, I don't know how the android implementation in this device works but I know it really doesn't like some notification widgets that in my cellphone are pretty much inoffensive.

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #609 of 1,472

You're right about the comfort thing. Its something I noticed with the Z onwards. I dont get time to listen to music much, so waiting for the scan to finish is frustrating. So I put my earphones on in slow motion.

I mostly turn off the dap just before I sleep. I dont know how much of the battery is left on standby, but I do know after 2 weeks of complete off, more than 80% of the battery remains with the Z and around 75% with the F. Maybe the smaller battery of F (I dont know)

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #610 of 1,472

My standby time is only 5% after 11 hours, with bluetooth activated. Like I said before, be careful with whatever you install on the device, I don't know how the android implementation in this device works but I know it really doesn't like some notification widgets that in my cellphone are pretty much inoffensive.

I gave a vague estimate based on not much tbh ^_^ that's why I started by saying that I couldn't tell how much it was. but we agree on the idea, it's not much.

I didn't install anything and tried to kill a bunch of processes (all the google stuff at first) praying to some android god that it would remove my "tac" sound. but I just ended up crashing android ^_^.

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #614 of 1,472
Where can I pick one of these or the f887 up?

I see Amazon Japan has them, do they ship to Australia? And does the Japanese version have English menus? (I know old japanese walkmans didnt)

Anywhere else? Anywhere cheaper?

I know this question has probably been answered a number of times so i apologise for that :p

edit: Does Euro/UK model have volume limiter? If so, can it be disabled?

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #615 of 1,472
Where can I pick one of these or the f887 up?

I see Amazon Japan has them, do they ship to Australia? And does the Japanese version have English menus? (I know old japanese walkmans didnt)

Anywhere else? Anywhere cheaper?

I know this question has probably been answered a number of times so i apologise for that :p

edit: Does Euro/UK model have volume limiter? If so, can it be disabled?
You can get it from PriceJapan. The japanese version has english as a system language and yes, the euro version has a volume cap which cannot be removed as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back