Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Nov 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #541 of 1,472
  I went so far as having to put my card details, ( then checked my account balance. ) and thought I better leave it till pay day next week ! ( I'll probably regret not ordering tomorrow ! ? )

Just as well you waited, dropped in price on sony site to a more reasonable (and tempting) £239 now!  IF amazon would match that I'd probably get it from there (though the zx1 is more of an upgrade due to the capacity if nothing else).

Edit to say : Nice website sony!  Says it's in stock on front page, go to order it and comes up with not available until 20th - 23rd December.  Chances of getting it in time for chrimbo? Zilch.

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #542 of 1,472
Sony have reduced the F886 by £20, to £239. So I've just ordered one ( as a personal treat, for my forthcoming 50th birthday ! lol ) Roll on Monday / Tuesday !
As much as I want a ZX-1, I think I will wait till next year, if they should be released in Europe by then ?....and hopefully finances will allow to buy one then ?

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #543 of 1,472
  Just as well you waited, dropped in price on sony site to a more reasonable (and tempting) £239 now!  IF amazon would match that I'd probably get it from there (though the zx1 is more of an upgrade due to the capacity if nothing else).

Edit to say : Nice website sony!  Says it's in stock on front page, go to order it and comes up with not available until 20th - 23rd December.  Chances of getting it in time for chrimbo? Zilch.

I hope I haven't got to wait till then, David ! Order says expected delivery Dec.2nd-3rd.....

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #544 of 1,472

I'm also previously had A8 series walkman but did heard hiss.

Vladimir, I think there were two A-Series Walkman's, one with a touch screen & one without, mine was the touch screen model which lasted 72hrs in my company (Euro thingy).

Do you hear any hiss during silence between songs with IEMs?  None.

A865 is the one I've kept because it had the lowest hiss (out of sonys, it still is my most hissing dap). on most dynamic iems it's not that audible. I often use it with my IE80 and it's no problem. 
with my jh13 I hear it but pretty low and most people wouldn't care. I'm just a bit maniac ^_^.
with the 334 it's simply not usable. they are amazingly sensitive, I've been told that the 1964 are even more sensitive to hiss.

f806 had a lot more hiss than the A865, and my nightmare was an old S series(I adored that little nugget, but man that hiss). I simply couldn't use an iem with it except the noise cancelling one from sony where it was audible but "ok". and activating noise canceling added it's own noise to it...

now to be fair, most people don't care, and unless you have really sensitive IEMs you have just no reason to care. also if you don't listen to low volume levels you will usually have no problem at all.
and of course if you add an amp (not hissing itself) you will get a perfectly silent background.

I should just give up on sony, but then I see the ludicrous user interface of other daps and want moarrrr sony.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #545 of 1,472
  Sony have reduced the F886 by £20, to £239. So I've just ordered one ( as a personal treat, for my forthcoming 50th birthday ! lol ) Roll on Monday / Tuesday !
As much as I want a ZX-1, I think I will wait till next year, if they should be released in Europe by then ?....and hopefully finances will allow to buy one then ?

You are just 2 days away from my birthday, so... happy birthday to both of us, but... well, you just almost double my age, in that matter you have my full respects :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #546 of 1,472
  Question to the owners of Walkman NWZ F886. So do you happy with it? Sounds good ?

I got the F887 recently, I can say it is so far the best DAP I have ever heard. For this price I have no complaint at all. Far more better than my previous Cowon Z2.

I did spent sometimes on the F806 demo at local Sony shop before and have memory of how it sounds. After listening my F887 for several days, I can confirm there is a huge improvement in sound quality if comparing with F800, especially on the bass and EQ. The EQ is much more useful than that in F800, and the bass is obviously increased a lot and powerful to produce 'boom' sound effect in various of IEMs, great bass impact!! Besides, it is still very analytical and the sound stage is very wide. Background is quite dark and clean!! I can see Sony's sound tuning on Walkman in recent years turning towards the 'Hi Fi' category.

The F880 series already sounds so great. I wonder how the coming ZX1 will sound, so tempting!!

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #550 of 1,472

Can you compare it with iPhone 5S/C? Sound quality is better?

My personal listening experience base on sound quality of DAP there I have owned:

F887 ->>>>(much better!) Cowon Z2-> iPod Classic -> iPod touch 5th gen ->iPhone 4S.

For DAP, I think I will never return to Apple.

For Cowon Z2, its EQ is powerful, but the stock player is very slow and sometimes not functional, and bass distortion start to happen after the Z2 turned on 25-20 mins. If talking about sound stage, I can say it is not as 'beautiful'  and detail as F887. Overall it was a bad experience to me on using Z2 :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #551 of 1,472

You are just 2 days away from my birthday, so... happy birthday to both of us, but... well, you just almost double my age, in that matter you have my full respects :)

Thank you, Vect. Happy Birthday to you too. ( 50 on the 11th ) Planning on going to my friends. What's nice, is that I can take one player, one set of headphones ( probably ! lol ) without the usual pile of mini discs !
I'm so looking forward to receiving my new player. Wish it were a ZX-1, but i'm sure the F886 will suffice. ( for now ! lol )

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #552 of 1,472
Doubt you are near Sheffield, but otherwise I would have shown you how the F886 behaves :D, tomorrow I'm going to do some test with a bluetooth headset (NOT AUDIO!!!) and I think that, if the results are as good as they are now... you are going to like them. Tomorrow will be...

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #553 of 1,472
  Doubt you are near Sheffield, but otherwise I would have shown you how the F886 behaves :D, tomorrow I'm going to do some test with a bluetooth headset (NOT AUDIO!!!) and I think that, if the results are as good as they are now... you are going to like them. Tomorrow will be...

No Vect, I live in the West Midlands. ( I'm actually disabled / housebound ) Of course i'll let you know my thoughts on the F886......early next week.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #555 of 1,472
My personal listening experience base on sound quality of DAP there I have owned:

F887 ->>>>(much better!) Cowon Z2-> iPod Classic -> iPod touch 5th gen ->iPhone 4S.

For DAP, I think I will never return to Apple.

For Cowon Z2, its EQ is powerful, but the stock player is very slow and sometimes not functional, and bass distortion start to happen after the Z2 turned on 25-20 mins. If talking about sound stage, I can say it is not as 'beautiful'  and detail as F887. Overall it was a bad experience to me on using Z2 :frowning2:

Eh...I'd like to interject by saying that I dont actually perceive this world of difference between my iPhone 5 and the F886 at all, (better to rein in this hype train before it careens madly off the tracks) the F886 is more detailed/controlled and spacious than an iPhone 5 running iOS7 but these differences are subtle. I've let Cn11 spend an afternoon with my F886 and K3003 and we also had a TG!334 and a Fischer FA-04 with us and we arrived at the same conclusion: better than iphone 5/ios7 but not drastically so. Do note that Cn11 is also a really big fan of the Sony 806 as well, so going into this, he WANTS there to be a worthwhile difference.

Personally, I don't feel that the poor battery performance and sorta sluggish android interface are worthwhile trade offs for the SQ compared to an iDevice. YMMV of course, just my 2 pesos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back