Walkman 24/192 output from streaming browser to external dac possible?
Jun 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lorenfru

New Head-Fier
So I am a recent ex-Mog user now using Spotify streaming via ogg vorbis @ 320kbps.  I find that when I stream via (Chrome) browser on my macbook air and upres the output to 24/192 (midi settings) to my  Resonessence Labs Herus feeding my HD800's or others, there is a significant improvement to me in sound quality vs.say the digital out on whatever iDevice at 24/48 to the Herus or HiFi M8

I would like to know if using one of the Sony Walkman Android (Jelly Bean) Walkmans - f886/7, zx 1; can I upres the browser output from a browser in Android, similar as I do with my macbook air, to feed the RL Herus at 24/192 rather than just the standard digital out of 24/48?

Thanks,
Loren

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Why are you using the web player instead of the client software? As far as I know, they still haven't updated the web player to use the 320 Vorbis streams...

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 4
I am not aware that the web player is not using vorbis, however when I compared the app out of whichever iDevice at 24/48 into the Herus, the sound quality seemed better out of the macbook using a web browser out at 24/192 feeding the Herus...

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 4
  I am not aware that the web player is not using vorbis, however when I compared the app out of whichever iDevice at 24/48 into the Herus, the sound quality seemed better out of the macbook using a web browser out at 24/192 feeding the Herus...

Sorry, I was slightly unclear. All the streams from Spotify are indeed Vorbis, but as far as I know, you only get the higher quality 320kpbs stream from the client software - instead, limited to the 160kbps streams. I am not positive that this is still the case, but it certainly was when the web player launched, and I have seen no updates to the contrary in the forums/release notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back