Waiting the GS-X is enough, requesting refund for the never come amp.
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

t1174

100+ Head-Fier
I had ordered a set of GS-X on late feb, 2008. However, I still not yet receive the amp. Mr. Justin have so little information to us that what have happen for this long delay from origial 8 weeks to now almost a year.

Infact, Justin wrote on his web that the GS-X waiting time have been drop to no more then 1 week on Jan, 2009. So, where is my GS-X?

I am now want to have the refund. I had drop him a e-mail that 7, Feb and 11, Feb. However, there is still no reply, what can I do?

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 27
Well, you already did enough - he's regularly follows this forum. I have no idea about his response times via email, never contacted him myself, but he does have a fairly stellar reputation here. I wouldn't worry about his credibility, but this certainly seems weird, I have never heard of such things happening with Justin before.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 27
I've sent about 10 emails in the past 2 years or so. Have not had a single response. I think it is par for the course with HeadAmp.

At the end of the day the goods are delivered (albeit excrutiatingly delayed); communications is not a strongpoint though.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 27
Give him a call, apparently he picks the phone up regularly unlike checking his emails.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 27
The squeaky wheel gets the grease!! You have to phone and email and continue with both.

Justin is a good fella! I have ordered three different pieces over the years and while they haven't been delivered as early as I wished...he always did deliver. People have been waiting awhile for his stat' amp also I'm told.

One year is a long time! Was the unit paid in full? He is pretty much a one Man operation and always at the mercy of his case vendor.

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin is a good fella!

Haha, I have seen that one.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 27
I am sure Justin will sort you out eventually, either by delivering an GS-X or refund your money.
Its very intolerable that what was meant to be 8 weeks build time now close in on 52 weeks, and still waiting though..

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 27
I would be curious myself just how backed up Justin is with orders. I am also in the position of having ordered a GS-X back in Feb 2008, which I've yet to receive. At this point, having waited so long, I feel what is another month or two? Chalk it up to patience and faith in Justin's amps but I still REALLY want the GS-X, having looked at the specs and reviews of a few others and deciding they're really not for me. Having both a GS-1 and AE-2 have firmly entrenched me as a HeadAmp supporter. Admittedly it's not so much the long wait time that is frustrating but rather the difficulty in getting information. A possible solution might be for Justin to create a special place on his website that gives up-to-date information about any anticipated delays in getting products out. That would certainly help out a lot of frustrated emailers.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 27
I waited almost 10 months for my GS-1 when I finally got it in early June of last year. I know the delay was caused by Justin having issues getting the enclosures and I believe he was having a similar problem with the GS-X.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #11 of 27
I've herd so amny good things about HeadAmp and their products, but communication wasn't one of them.

That was probably the only reason I didn't go for a GS-1, because of the lack of communication and the uncertainty about when you would actually get your amp!

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 27
Thanks for all reply and giving me advise.

Just receive the reply by e-mail from Justin. (February 11, 2009 4:04:17 PM). He agree for the refund and I hope the refund can be a smooth process.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 27
Yeah no matter how great an amp is, if the customer service isn't up to par with the price demanded for the product, its not worth it my opinion. Or else just look for a used one. Although I personally would prefer not paying for used audio gear.

Good to hear Justin replied to your request.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #14 of 27
I am waiting for my Xin reference so long that I even forget that I ordered one.
regular_smile .gif
But time ticking and the "Day" eventually will come.

You already waiting long enough that it makes sense to go to the end. I would give at list six more months.

If you have another alternative amp that you can get without waiting then go for it.

You will get your money back very soon no questions.
And the person that is in line will get his amp faster.

Just my .02c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back