Waiting for Shure SE210 or going with older E4 model?
Feb 15, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by db_cyberbloc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O.k. guys. Seems that you have convinced me to buy the E4.

But now I have a really smart question: Should I take the black E4 or the white E4c? (I like both colors, or it´s better to say contrasts, so I really need you to help me!)

Go with what best matches your DAP, of course! I have a black 30 gig ipod with a black case, so when I bought my e3c's the natural choice was to go with black. Now that I've got clear E5c's, I'm sending my black 80 gig ipod in to ipodmods to get clear panels put on it. Sound first aesthetics last, but why not make it look sweet if you can.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #17 of 26
Actually I have a silver iPod nano and a silver iPod Shuffle (but the Shuffle will be sold). All my tech is designed in aluminum and most of it is also white. So refering to my taste, it´s going to be the white Shure. But what about the white/grey cables? Are they going to get dirty after a few month, when using the E4c everyday für about 2-3h portable and the same time at home?

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Actually I have a silver iPod nano and a silver iPod Shuffle (but the Shuffle will be sold). All my tech is designed in aluminum and most of it is also white. So refering to my taste, it´s going to be the white Shure. But what about the white/grey cables? Are they going to get dirty after a few month, when using the E4c everyday für about 2-3h portable and the same time at home?

Shure's white is a little more off white than Apple's true white so they don't show dirt as bad.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 26
So, I´ve ordered the white E4c. If the colors doesn´t fit my taste, I can return them to the reseller and get a pair of the black ones. Nice service.

Thanks to all of you!
Your answers were pretty helpful for me to make my decision.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 26
I went for the black E4. I intend to have them for at least a few more years, and I have a feeling that in a couple of years, white buds/IEMs will look like a dated fashion accessory.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #23 of 26
Yeah, my head says so, too, but my stomach always wanted the white ones. So let´s give them a try. If they don´t look as expected (maybe the grey is a bit to sandy-colored for my taste), I´ll send them back and replace them with the black ones (you don´t have to open the package to see the IEMs through the case/packaging). I needed about 3 hours to order the E4c just because I wasn´t sure which color to go for.
blink.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #24 of 26
Today my Shure E4c arrived. ...there´s just one word to describe those: AMAZING! Brilliant and precise bass - soundstage is also very good for IEMs.
I think these are worth the money.
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Today my Shure E4c arrived. ...there´s just one word to describe those: AMAZING! Brilliant and precise bass - soundstage is also very good for IEMs.
I think these are worth the money.
biggrin.gif

I was just thinking that very same thing about mine!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 22, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #26 of 26
At the moment I´m listening to "Foo Fighters - Skin & Bones" and it´s like being directly in front of the band with the screaming crowd around me. David Grohl´s voice is just centered in front of me, a acoustic guitar is playing on the right, an e-guitar on the left... INDESCRIBABLE!

Thanks for convincing me to go for the E4c, head-fi-ers!
etysmile.gif
(although those aren´t Etys)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back