wait...shouldnt we be able to just test the sound of cables????
Aug 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
I cannot think of the name of the software, but there is a program that is designed to compare audio gear. Hook in a cable or other item and it'll measure it against something else.

Is it this?  http://www.libinst.com/Audio%20DiffMaker.htm

My PC is almost 8 years old.  It can't pick up anything over 10khz or so and hates rap music. 
frown.gif

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
I cannot think of the name of the software, but there is a program that is designed to compare audio gear. Hook in a cable or other item and it'll measure it against something else.

It's been out for a few years, yet no one has demonstrated a difference with a cable using it.

Probably because computers hate cables, are jealous of humans who can "hear" a difference and the fact that computers don't have the money to buy expensive cabling for their innards. Also, computers have cheap internal speakers that aren't good enough for the computer to hear a difference.

Don't make your computer mad. You may lose some 1s and 0s if she gets a resentment. They are funny that way. Mine became green with envy over my XBox. One had to go and she told me to make a choice.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #18 of 20
The Xbox could stay up late playing games with me and the computer had do all the day to day work.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #20 of 20
Yes! The Audio Diffmaker is the one I was looking for.

I'd run it, but I only have a MacBook at hand. I'd run it, but the Apple-haters would surely find something wrong with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back