Wahoo!! - I'm Back!!
Aug 30, 2002 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, those of you that know me or at least read my posts will have noticed that they've been pretty thin on the ground just lately... I've suffered from several domestic problems, and at the same time have realised that i've probably blown my chances with a girl at work... she's been giving out the good old lurve vibes, and i've been too embarrased to take her up on them (its an open plan office... so everyone knows what everyone else is up to)

Anyway... enough of that, for good, or for bad only you can decide... but whether or know, here I am!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 15
Here, we have a very nice story about this...

There was a bread baker that uses his oven only for baking his breads. One day a friend asked him to cook a rostbeef in his oven. He did it.

Next day all the bread was tasting and smelling meat....

Bottom Line: You don’t put meat in the place you get your every day bread…
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wellcome back Duncan!!

Best from

Ari

Aug 30, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 15
If you're busy, meeting people at work may be your main means to a relationship!

My current GF used to temp at my office.

"bugger the meat and bread, I need to exercise my meat and two veg..."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 15
hey duncan is like me! w00t! im not the only one!

i have to be the only 17 year old on the planet with the lowest confidence ever. At work theres this really nice girl, but have yet to say more than one sentence to her, as i always run away if she tries to talk to me.

One instance: We were in the lounge taking our 15min breaks...shes asks "so what days are you working next week?"...im like "uuuh......ummm.....errrr....check the schedule!" and then i ran away.....
redface.gif

im so wierd....i have no idea why im so afraid....

in any case welcome back dunc! the man that made me spend a well worth $300CAN on a pcdp!

Aug 30, 2002 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
hey duncan is like me! w00t! im not the only one!

One instance: We were in the lounge taking our 15min breaks...shes asks "so what days are you working next week?"...im like "uuuh......ummm.....errrr....check the schedule!" and then i ran away.....
redface.gif

im so wierd....i have no idea why im so afraid....

Hey Jlo...

If you had a Palm, you could check your schedule and invite her for a ride...
wink.gif

See?? You need one...

Best

Ari

FYI - There's a jlo's post asking about Palms.....

Aug 30, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 15
lol....very intuitive ari...

but the point was that i knew quite well what days i was working the next week....but i didnt want to tell her, because that would lead to other conversation...

even when im working i avoid her a lot...shes at customer service and im in mens wear....when she PA's me for price checks, i always hide and tell this other worker to price check for her....

smooth....
cool.gif
.....right
rolleyes.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 15
lol....very intuitive ari...

but the point was that i knew quite well what days i was working the next week....but i didnt want to tell her, because that would lead to other conversation...

She must be some, hummmm??

Go for her !! Send her a beautiful single red rose tomorrow with a little card telling her how you admire her. No, no cards... Just give her the flower... and say: "You are my everyday sunshine" !

Cool or too old staff?

Help me guys!! jlo mein need our help !! Let's "potentialise" this encounter....
Best from

Ari

Aug 30, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 15
uhhh.....well....that sounds sorta....upfront.

I mean, i've only been working here 3 weeks, and i have barely talked to her. Sending her a single rose at this point might be a little aggressive.

Aug 30, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 15
Lol, I think you are the only teenager in the world with girl problems... I certainly don't have any.
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

uhhh.....well....that sounds sorta....upfront.

I mean, i've only been working here 3 weeks, and i have barely talked to her. Sending her a single rose at this point might be a little aggressive.

Aug 31, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

If you had a Palm, you could check your schedule and invite her for a ride...

Yeah, that would work... if you want to show her what a GEEK you are! Trust me, hot chicks are not impressed with pda's unless you are making money with it. Now headphones - that's another story. Anyone remember the headphone scene in "About Last Night" with Rob Lowe and Demi Moore? Always wanted to try that!
wink.gif

jlo, my only advice to you is to seriously work on that self-confidence thing, especially with women. Take if from someone twice your age (actually more!). Your life will be much happier if you get over yourself and get past this hurdle. It is a kind of cyclical type of fear. You fear rejection, so you don't try. Maybe you even continue to fantasize, and therefore the fear of loss becomes greater. In the meantime you become her butt-monkey while she is banging the no-neck, idiot from the sales department. Make the attempt, get rejected and learn from your mistakes or reap the rewards. Whatever. Either way you move forward.

Duncan, welcome back. Good luck with your woman too. BTW, what are "lurve vibes"? Is that a Brit expression?

Aug 31, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 15
Originally posted by jpelg

jlo, my only advice to you is to seriously work on that self-confidence thing, especially with women. Take if from someone twice your age (actually more!). Your life will be much happier if you get over yourself and get past this hurdle. It is a kind of cyclical type of fear. You fear rejection, so you don't try. Maybe you even continue to fantasize, and therefore the fear of loss becomes greater. In the meantime you become her butt-monkey while she is banging the no-neck, idiot from the sales department. Make the attempt, get rejected and learn from your mistakes or reap the rewards. Whatever. Either way you move forward.

The Palm thing was just a joke. And you are positively right about jlo ! And I'm sure you are helping him a lot !!

Try it jlo !! And let us know here !!

Best from

Ari

Aug 31, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 15
Pda? Why you've got other gadgets that you can show her ^^.

But seriously, talking to people is the best cure to shyness.

Biggie.

Aug 31, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
...Duncan, welcome back. Good luck with your woman too. BTW, what are "lurve vibes"? Is that a Brit expression?

Hiya JPelg,

Lurve vibes... something I just kinda made up, but basically the normal flirting that goes on... good, close eye contact, playing with hair, speaking softly etc etc... and this isn't going on with any of the other guys in the office, but... i've just been blocking it off, as I said in my initial post, its an open plan office, and its just a little too quiet in there to get jiggy with anyone...

She has even asked me out... and I blanked it, because at that time I got an email from my supervisor... asking if I was having fun...
frown.gif

Nevermind

Aug 31, 2002 at 1:53 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

... good, close eye contact, playing with hair, speaking softly etc etc... She has even asked me out...

Dude, she wants to grab your joint! If she does not seem to be the "psycho" type that would make things miserable for you if the relationship doesn't work out, I say go for it.

From what you describe, you boss sounds a bit oppressive (?). You are young and will have other jobs, but memories of loves won and lost will last you a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back