Wadia iTransport iPod Dock Gets Bit-Perfect Digital from iPods!
Jul 7, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #362 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Champ04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somehow I knew someone would say that. And it still always makes me laugh.
With the size of component parts still getting smaller by the year, I'd say that board would be twice its size only 10 years ago.
We passed the point a long time ago where the size of the box is any indication of what is going on inside.

I thought the same thing also but not from a sense of vaporware or a poor product but rather poor design. It looks like the Wadia could have been made much smaller and if so then more transportable and possibly other benefits. I suppose they figured the ideal customer base is those with home desktop DACs and therefore size needed to match the DAC or a home component.

Jul 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #363 of 428
They needed the room for all the Inputs and Outputs, along with the power connection. I guess they could have made it taller with a smaller footprint, but I think they wanted it to better match their other components.

I like it the way it is for home use. It makes for a nice stable platform. I just wish they had put a little door to cover the dock when the iPod is not plugged in.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #364 of 428
The iTransport is not portable but still quite cute. It is actually about the same thickness as your rpx-33 and about 2/3 of the width (front panel). I think wadia make it bigger than necessary so that it is more stable (& appearance) in speakers system enviroment where virbration can caused problem.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #365 of 428
Understand on the design elements-- home use design.

I'm cool with it.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #366 of 428
Then, are there 4 underpinnings?

I cannot find that in many pictures but 4 pillars attached main box.

I think that

4 pillars, 4 underpinnings and round box design are the symbol of Wadia.

And how much the exact price of 170i?

Thank you!

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #369 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iTransport is not portable but still quite cute. It is actually about the same thickness as your rpx-33 and about 2/3 of the width (front panel). I think wadia make it bigger than necessary so that it is more stable (& appearance) in speakers system enviroment where virbration can caused problem.

Well, that and, if you look at the top of the corner pieces (on top of the circular bits), you'll notice a dimple in each of them. I think that's Wadia's way of suggesting that there might be a matching something coming that would be designed to sit on top of that (with its identical cone feet sitting in those dimples).
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #373 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well... on top doesn't really make sense, but under it does.
wink.gif

LOL. Stroke of genius on my part. Yes, under.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noshortcuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
matching DAC below, me thinks.

I do believe there are plans for just such a thing (and then some).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back