VST wrapper that supports multichannel audio?
Sep 9, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #16 of 20
very interesting, thank you.

But how does this show that ReLife can do surround, exactly? You're using a different VST effect, no?

ReLife VST is max 2 channel plugin so just one of it can't do surround (DD and DTS are compressed formats delivered through stereo path but wouldn't it be a mess use ReLife for these formats).
In my example is shown a method to use ReLife with 7.1 surround audio by inserting ReLife per channel (can be as per channel pair as well), so, for 8 channel audio you use four or eight ReLife plug-ins.
Your DSP order would be FreeSurround -> VST Wrapper (MUX, n x ReLife, other VST's if needed) -> OOYH?

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #18 of 20

ReLife VST is max 2 channel plugin so just one of it can't do surround (DD and DTS are compressed formats delivered through stereo path but wouldn't it be a mess use ReLife for these formats).
In my example is shown a method to use ReLife with 7.1 surround audio by inserting ReLife per channel (can be as per channel pair as well), so, for 8 channel audio you use four or eight ReLife plug-ins.
Your DSP order would be FreeSurround -> VST Wrapper (MUX, n x ReLife, other VST's if needed) -> OOYH?

Is there any freeware dsp that can do that ( free alternative to MUX )?

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 20
  Is there any freeware dsp that can do that ( free alternative to MUX )?

I have not checked what all the ImageLine MiniHost Modular (mentioned in one of my posts in this thread) can do. It's beta and maybe freeware (registration needed before you can download it). Few years ago there were couple freeware but dunno if those work anymore (least energyXTE didn't work properly). You could check the KVR plug-in database for other alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back