Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #183 of 204
I still prefer the AN16, especially after the mod. I think it's only missing a small amount of bass depth from the GR07, and I Find the smoother treble too be far more pleasing. The GR06 has a very balanced tuning (less v-shaped than the 07), and the AN16 has the same tuning. The mids are very forward on this headphone, modded or not. If they aren't, you've got a problem with your tips, your fitting, your equalizer, or your pair is defective.
I think the VSD2 is way too harsh to be musical, though I do use it a good bit for watching Netflix.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #184 of 204
Yeah I am really surprised tha the an16 does not get more love, I think it is a stellar phone showcasing the biocell drivers. The natural tonality and timbre especially on drums and guitar really show thru.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #185 of 204
I still prefer the AN16, especially after the mod. I think it's only missing a small amount of bass depth from the GR07, and I Find the smoother treble too be far more pleasing. The GR06 has a very balanced tuning (less v-shaped than the 07), and the AN16 has the same tuning. The mids are very forward on this headphone, modded or not. If they aren't, you've got a problem with your tips, your fitting, your equalizer, or your pair is defective.
I think the VSD2 is way too harsh to be musical, though I do use it a good bit for watching Netflix.

+1 on the mids on AN16, they're among the best mids presentation I've ever heard and certainly not recessed. Unfortunately the highs and lows keep the same quality (I find both to be rolled off) but still a very nice iem.

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #186 of 204
  Prefer the vsd2s sound over the an16. The an16's mids sound recessed compared to the vsd2s. 

Yup. I think I was one of the first ones to say this and not many agreed with this evaluation.

+1 AN16 just sounds too smooth and relaxed for my general listening practices with a bit of roll off at either end. Nice for lying in bed and reading though.

Likewise. I use my VSD2S a lot more than the AN-16, which I use exclusively for some mild listening before going to sleep.

+1 on the mids on AN16, they're among the best mids presentation I've ever heard and certainly not recessed. Unfortunately the highs and lows keep the same quality (I find both to be rolled off) but still a very nice iem.

I feel there is some QA issue at vsonic which leads to such massive discrepancies. I mean, i've read so many polar opposite reviews for borh vsd2s and an16 that i'm not even sure if it's just people's taste or vsonic's inconsistency.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #187 of 204
I'm pretty sure it's the person ans not the IEM's that's different.

Spending some time in here you realize that there's haters and lovers for everything.

In the combination of music genres, ear shape, source matching and personal preference there's a lot of variables that can cause different result.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #188 of 204

Spending some time in here you realize that there's haters and lovers for everything.

In the combination of music genres, ear shape, source matching and personal preference there's a lot of variables that can cause different result.

Plus many numbers (cause +1 is overused)

Everyone definitely hears things differently :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #189 of 204

There's no doubt about that. There are a couple of iems that get a lot of love around here that I think are pretty terrible. (I'm looking at you MEE Audio.)

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #190 of 204
Plus many numbers (cause +1 is overused)

Everyone definitely hears things differently
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed 
beerchug.gif

There's no doubt about that. There are a couple of iems that get a lot of love around here that I think are pretty terrible. (I'm looking at you MEE Audio.)

True that! I think most of us (myself included) have experienced that one or more times.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #191 of 204
Guys I had a really bad day today. I had kept my AN16'S in my hoodie pocket. I was very late for work and didn't want to miss my bus. So I was running wildly to make it to the bus stop and the AN16's fell out of my hoodie pocket. I realized this after I got into the bus. I called my roommate and asked him to backtrack  the route I took to the bus stop and look for the iems. He called me saying he found them !! I was so happy. Then, after a pause he said " I think a car drove over them. The iems are screwd". All that happiness turned into sorrow. :frowning2:  

Both the drivers are dead.

I loved these so much, I can't live without them. If anyone has a pair and is willing to sell it, let me know. I would be forever in your debt. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #192 of 204
Is it just me or do the AN16s have no sub-bass at all. The mid bass seems very heavy and boomy, albeit I did open the rear port. Everything else sounds great but that chunky midbass kind of ruins these great iems, imo.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #193 of 204
Is it just me or do the AN16s have no sub-bass at all. The mid bass seems very heavy and boomy, albeit I did open the rear port. Everything else sounds great but that chunky midbass kind of ruins these great iems, imo.

It's just you :wink:

No I'm just kidding, kind of.

I consider myself pretty allergic to overblown mid-bass but I've got no problem with the AN16.

I did a comparison between the GR07BE's and AN16 in the other thread just yesterday and subbass extension is very similar on both.

What do you mean woth opening the rear port?

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #195 of 204

I felt the same way for the longest time, which is why I preferred the VSD2. I randomly threw on some small sized Sony foam filled Hybrid tips and what do you know? There was that subbass. Also cleaned up the treble. I normally run medium to large sized tips so I have no idea why they work, but they do. Seems this iem is a bit more tip/seal dependant than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back