VSONIC GR09
Aug 14, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #106 of 184
looks like that is the case. Vsonic removed the black color option on their official store on AliExpress. Anyway, I decided to settle with the red color and ordered one while they are selling the X with discount at the moment.
IMO the aliexpress store is a side store of brightaudio while the only official vsonic store is at tmall where I got my gr07 anniversary edition. But no worries I have ordered from the aliexpress "official" one and have received my stuff from them although a bit slow

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #107 of 184
IMO the aliexpress store is a side store of brightaudio while the only official vsonic store is at tmall where I got my gr07 anniversary edition. But no worries I have ordered from the aliexpress "official" one and have received my stuff from them although a bit slow

It's the same place where I got my GR09. The thing is BrightAudio appears as different store from the official Vsonic and they are selling at full retail. Hence, I went for the Vsonic store instead.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #108 of 184
Well, doesn't matter as long as one receives the order. But just fyi the official tmall store has a lot better prices and great sales but unfortunately is limited only to China

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #113 of 184
Yeah they have a slight bass boost, maybe they will still retain enough bass by closing the vent. The point is, by looking at crinacle's measurement, these are the cheapest linear iems, but I also need isolation.

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #115 of 184
How's the sibilance factor on the GR09 and GR07x ? I have the 07be and the sibilance and unrefined treble is the weakness , can anyone tell me if these models have addressed the issue. thanks

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #116 of 184
So far I find the X, a touch fuller and refined than the GR07C. I don't find GR07C sibilant, but I think the X is still a touch lower around the sibilant regions. Have not listen to 09 in a while but my overall impression is it is warmer than GR07C and handles sibilance better. However, I prefer the overall tonal balance of 07 than 09. But I give the bass to 09 to be excellent in comparison to 07.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #117 of 184
Am thinking of buying the gr07 anniversary edition, since it's pretty cheap, and probably a limited time offer. Do you think it's a good buy? @crinacle rates it as A- iem, on par with much more expensive iems.

So far I find the X, a touch fuller and refined than the GR07C. I don't find GR07C sibilant, but I think the X is still a touch lower around the sibilant regions. Have not listen to 09 in a while but my overall impression is it is warmer than GR07C and handles sibilance better. However, I prefer the overall tonal balance of 07 than 09. But I give the bass to 09 to be excellent in comparison to 07.

Care to share another preliminary comparison between the gr09 and the gr07x? Which one do you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back