VSonic Gr07 vs Shure SE315?
Jun 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

daflippymaster

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a decent pair of sub-$200 iem's for travel/everyday use and I listen to just about every genre of music.  I've done a bit of research and the VSonic Gr07 and the Shure SE315 both seem like they're pretty good.  I'd just like to get some second opinions on which is better, however i'm also open to other suggestions!  The two biggest factors for me are comfort and isolation.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 16
The GR07 (highly recommended) are much better sounding than SE315 with better built quality and lots of extras. The UETF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10, X5, Etymotic HF5 are also very good buy but it's heavely depend on what soundsignature you like cold, warm or airy.

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 16
Checkout the Rockit Sounds R-50 and EPH-100 both are very good and both are at or under $120.  The R-50 is a dual BA that has excellent detail with a warmer presentation and the EPH-100 is a dynamic micro driver again has good detail and also sounds laid back so they never get fatiguing.  I know I keep referring people to the R-50 but it fits so many qualities that people are looking for and they sound very good with a great soundstage and awesome imaging and separation.  For what they cost I can't think of any better IEM's in that price range or at even $200 for that matter (know theres IEM's that cost around $200 that sound as good but not better ).

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
Checkout the Rockit Sounds R-50 and EPH-100 both are very good and both are at or under $120.  The R-50 is a dual BA that has excellent detail with a warmer presentation and the EPH-100 is a dynamic micro driver again has good detail and also sounds laid back so they never get fatiguing.  I know I keep referring people to the R-50 but it fits so many qualities that people are looking for and they sound very good with a great soundstage and awesome imaging and separation.  For what they cost I can't think of any better IEM's in that price range or at even $200 for that matter (know theres IEM's that cost around $200 that sound as good but not better ).

I notice you have GR07s.... how do they fare against the EPH-100s?

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Also, how would they compare against the Shure SE215's?

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #8 of 16
I've had my GR07 for about a week now. Still burning in but they definitely sound good, and fairly good even out of the box. I personally think they're still a good step up from the SE315.
Quote:
Also, how would they compare against the Shure SE215's?

And in comparison to the Shure SE215's, i think its honestly a lot better to spend the extra cash for the GR07. Although i will admit the SE215 is probably a good deal for the price, they extra bass in it is too much for me and a bit messy. There also seem to be a lot small problems that can arise with them.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
So it seems like these GR-07's are a pretty good pair!
Does anyone else know anything about R-50's?

Techno kid is a hardcore fan of the R-50s, check out his review threads or send him a PM, I'm sure he would tell you everything 
wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
I found 07 sometimes better even than se535 on a hard rock music.

I agree there...I really feel like that the GR07 give a listening experience that is really quite unique and unlike any other earphone or headphone that I've had the chance of listening to. Of course I haven't tried everything but I've had the opportunity to try quite an array of brands and models. I think they wont disappoint =)

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #14 of 16
I do not have the SE315 but I do have the SE215 and GR-07. Comfort wise they are both great and in some ways the GR07 is even better built. The moving nozzle does help with a better fit. Sonically, I much prefer the SE215 over a wider genre of music. The GR07 sounds great upon first listen (post 50 hours burn in) but in time, I've found it dry and unengaging. Between the two, I'll take the SE 215 anyday.
There are many fans of the GR07 and rightfully so, I myself own the GR 07, 02, 02 Bass Edition, 99. That probably makes me a bit of a fan as well. However, in this case I'm biased towards the 215.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #15 of 16
So from what i've read around here the 215's are preferred over the 315's;
But dang this is a difficult decision, all three of these iem's (GR-07, SE215, R-50) have gotten glowing reviews!
Do any of these have flaws that would cause them to be deal-breakers? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back