Vsonic GR07 MKII change plug
Feb 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

BassThor

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been pulling the cord too much, and soon lost signal in the left IEM. So I'm changing the plug with a L shaped Neutrik plug. But I was met by 5 different ones when I cut the cable open. What is what here? The right one is ground I guess? Blue and dark-brown/grey is L and R? So what are the two white/silver colored ones..?

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 11
To me looks like 2 positives and 3 shields. One shield is an actual shield, the other 2 are drain wires for easier / improved termination.
No too hard to strip back and touch connectors to a low level signal to check

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 11
2 shields 2 positives. 1 of each pr drive. There are 4 sleeved and one open, I'm assuming the open one is just for protection of the other 4 (the 'one' is wrapped around the other 4 inside the outer sleeving).
Can't figure out what is what though. Usually dark color is ground yes?

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 11
Color is just color. 

In a speaker cable there is + and -, for headphones its commonly + and shield.

The shield is earthed to remove any RF from the signal. I think what you're unclear on is the difference between - and shield. When using 4 cores and a shield, its common to leave the shield connected at the device end, but not connected at the driver end. The ground cables need to be connected to create the circuit. Does what I've said make any sense?

As you can't just open up the IEM like you can with Cans, I'd wait for V-Sonic or another member with more relevant knowledge

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 11
Sorry for trying to revive an old thread but I was wondering if someone could help me as to what the actual grounds and +/- are.  There was a post earlier stating the cables which these are but there was nothing about the blue cable and there is no white cable.  I was confused on this point, could anybody clear it up for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back