VSonic GR07 MK2 vs UE TripleFi 10
Dec 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

NoahZ

Head-Fier
The cable on my Shure SE215's, after quite a lot of use, is starting to break and stab my ears due to some memory wire problems. I know I can replace the cable, but with the holidays (and my birthday!) coming up I have a little money coming my way and I think I may just give in and upgrade.

I'm looking at the VSonic GR07 MK2 and the UE TripleFi 10. I know they're really popular on here. Between the two, what would you recommend? I like my SE215's but I want some more clarity and better soundstage. I listen to a variety of music: rock, alternative, classic rock, low-fi, and then a little bit of electronic/dub-step type stuff. I also own the Ultrasone Pro 550 as my over-ear headphones, and really like the clarity of those.

Any input or help (or other suggestions) would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 10
You speak to me, brother. Same music interests. Same IEM interests. I was floating a little lower with my choices, from the SE215 and UE 700 to the GR07. I feel like I've decided on getting the GR07, but that's opened a whole other can of worms, because I can get the TF10 for a little bit more. So, we're in the same boat. For my OE, I use the Koss PRODJ100 and they are quite good, especially for the price. How are the Ultrasones?

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 10
I've been debating the same decision, looks like I'm on the right track. I've been looking for a good portable headphone for drum reproduction to make metal sound better. If I can find a well priced UE Triplefi 10 I'll definitely get those, as I'm interested in the multi-driver aspect. Although from what I heard the GR07 MK2 is the standard for neutrality and drumming, so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 10
They're a hard choice to pick between, having owned both in the past at the same time.

TF10 will be the one to wow you out of the box, it has the speed of balanced armature the seperation, dynamics and soundstage depth. However GR07 has the natural timbre and beautifully balanced presentation leaning away from TF10's V shape. GR07 MK2 are something that matures on you, something you come to understand after some ownership, they're like two different buzzes. TF10 being the one you would wow your friends with and GR07 for a serious natural listening session alone, certainly more audiophile of the two.

They both do most genre's well and this makes it hard to separate them, TF10 certainly has the advantage in EDM and with it's speed and separation, synths sound rather impressive and treble has good extension, it excels with pop too. Also really easy to drive from your DAP's going much louder than GR07 with less power. GR07 will suit acoustics, drum presentation and guitar grinds excellently. If I had to say one was the better all rounder for any genre GR07 is the better choice.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 10
I own both GR07 MK1 and TF10, although I don't doubt that GR07 is an absolutely excellent IEM, I presonally prefer TF10's signature.

Both are excellent and I have no doubt that whatever you choose, you will love it, the ONLY problem with TF10 is the fit, it is rather uncomfortable for a prolonged use, and out of the box it has recessed mid, but once you upgrade to third party cable, it will improve the sound a lot.

For electronic, TF10 is better than GR07, but for rock stuff, GR07 is better.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 10
If I had to start over again and choose one I would probably take TF10.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #8 of 10
I would personally prefer the Triple Fi 10, however, as djvkool has stated, the fit can be a major issue. Took more than a week to get used to my TF10's, with pain after I had taken them off.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 10
The flip mod is the only way I can wear the TF10 comfortably - if it wasn't for that, I'd have sold them long ago.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #10 of 10
Takes a bit to get used to the fit of the TF10's, but once you do they are amazing IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back