Vsonic GR07 - base edition or standard??
Feb 9, 2013 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheFoz

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for a set of canalphones primarily for travel. I narrowed my search down to the Audiofly AF78 and the Vsonic GR07. After a lot of google trawling I'm pretty sure that I've settle on the GR07s.
The issue I have now is how to choose between the 2 variants of GR07 - the standard or bass edition.
As I said, primary use will be air travel. So, listening to movies, playing games and listening to music. I listen to a pretty wide range of music - alternative, rock, hip hop, pop, classical, crooners, softer Norah Jones type stuff etc etc. Now, I like a good bass line as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't say that I'm a bass junkie - I like it to be balanced.
Has anyone had any experience with the 2 different models? Does the base edition have the same sound quality as the standard but just better, tighter, more detailed bass??
Finally, lendmeurears.com seem to have the best price on these atm. Has anyone dealt with them before? What is the service, returns, warranty etc like?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I currently own the Bass Edition, but i havent heard the standard yet. I can say its not a basshead thumpin' in-your-face IEM. Its bass is very clear, controlled with amazing impact. Kick Drums, electronic, bass guitar and hip hop excel with these headphones. Vocals sound excellent, but there is just a hint of bass in the mids, only really noticeable if you concentrate on it. Me personally, I went with the bass edition because it just gives me a better experience when Im out and about (bass is uplifting), I do my serious listening at home where its quieter and with less distraction.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 6
The standard version is better with overall balanced sounquality and very good punchy bass, wider sondstage and warm rich, fun to listen type soundsignature. Iam comparing this (GR07) with UE TF10Pro, Shure SE535 and bass is pretty good in amount and punchy ( i use Denon C300, IE8, UE Tf190Pro, UE SF5EB, FX500 ect).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back