Vsonic GR06 extremely disappointed
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lightng

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Just want to first point out that i am by no means an audiophile nor do i have extensive knowledge of audio in itself but I would like to believe that I can atleast distinguish between a quality product and one that isn't.

I recently purchased the Vsonic GR06 from lendmeurears off ebay, box came in perfect condition and all but as soon as I put on these IEM's with proper fitting tips, the sound was a HUGE disappointment (and I mean HUGE). I have no idea if these are broken or not but it didn't sound anywhere near what others raved about in terms of it being one of the leaders in its price bracket.

I can't comment on bass, treble or any of that stuff because like I said, I have no idea how to comment on it.

What I can say though, is that the sound as a whole sounds very muffled and blended in. There is no clarity whatsoever. To be completely honest, Apple earphones sound much better than these..

I also have Dunu DN-12 Trident's and those sound a lot better (clearer, no muffled-ness, more prominent bass). I thought getting the GR06 would be an upgrade? 

I guess what im asking is, is there a way for me to check if these IEM's are broken? Or if its just the sound signature? There is sound coming out of the driver for sure, but i dont know if a busted driver can produce music of lesser quality...

I'd like some help please! I really don't want to pay for shipping back to Singapore..

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Are you positive you have a good seal with them?  Given you have IEMs already I'd be surprised if you didn't, but what you've described certainly doesn't sound like the IEM everyone has been raving about!  You might try some that are too big just to make sure of the seal...

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 3
  Are you positive you have a good seal with them?  Given you have IEMs already I'd be surprised if you didn't, but what you've described certainly doesn't sound like the IEM everyone has been raving about!  You might try some that are too big just to make sure of the seal...

agree,    I haven't tried GR06, but I have GR07 and love it,     they should be similar.      how to wear it is the key.

try different tips,   try different insertion depth,   try different tilting angles...       These factors will hugely affect the result sound.    It can be tuned from bassless to bass heavy.    from bad imaging to perfect 3D imaging (feels like the headphones disappeared, i am floating in the music).

It's not easy, took me hours to find the configuration I love the best.         And then, everytime I put on the headset, I still need to spend ~2 mins to adjust to that configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back