Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name)
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #136 of 166
Quote:
Ive been eyeing these for a while now, especially since theyre so cheap. Can anyone compare these to any full size headphones? I dont have much experience with decent iems. Im really just concerned that i should be saving a little more to get the gr07 since im used to full size cans like shure srh840, grados and trying some sennheisers and beyers. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated

for full size headphones, i have the sennheiser hd-580s and just run it off my macbook. soundstage is pretty excellent on them and they're very airy. i could listen to them for hours with no problem. now for iems, i've had some decent cheap, budget iems and enjoyed some of them a lot. some of them, like the vsonic gr02 bass edition, i could listen to for a long time and enjoyably rock out while on the subway and bus.

my problem with the gr04 fe is that it doesn't rock out. accurate and great sound technically, but for my everyday traveling needs it falls short. the op mentioned this too, and i wish i were more confident originally to carry around a $150 set of headphones.

if you're gonna be using these occasionally, then it's fine and a great value. if you're thinking about using them frequently and can afford it, maybe look at the gr07 instead. i'm looking towards the gr07 bass edition as my next upgrade. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #137 of 166
Not trying to derail the topic, but I got some.hd598s on loan yesterday and fell in love with the mids and laid back approach. So maybe I do need to shoot for the gr07 instead. Or find a different iem all together, thanks for the replies though folks, really helps.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #138 of 166
I just talked about how the Monster NCredibiles are a very good under $70 IEM and now that I've put these on I think they sound better over all at least for my taste because I like warm mid-forward IEM's.  These have much better than expected detail with lush smooth mids and highs for that mater along with good bass and a pretty nice soundstage and presentation.  So selling all my top-tier IEM's and using headphones now I'm happy with having these 2 IEM's to use when out jogging or working out and other things when out and about.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #139 of 166
interesting discussion on this thread. I have the GR02 BEs and am enjoying them, but wanting to upgrade all around while keeping the general sound of the 02s. what I mean is tighter bass but still strong and punchy; a "cleaner" presentation of the sound; good mids without sibilance and distinct and clear highs; and all the energy that make the 02s so neat.

I've been told that the 07 BEs would be just right but they're a bit pricey for me. Would these (the 04 BE flagships) do it?

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #142 of 166
no. completely different sound. my gr02 be were broken early on, but i still remember the sound well enough. i rechecked my gro2 regulars and though not nearly as accurate or precise as the gr04 fe they still had that "easy fun" of listening to music. i miss that.

the gr04 has bass but coming from the lowly gr02 it doesn't feel like it has much.

i listened to the gr07 mkii and bass edition recently. both were not broken in. and though i miss bass, i liked the mkii better.

if you want to maintain bass, maybe try the gr06? i read in chinese and english reviews it has warmer and more bass. if i had to start over again, i'd get a bundle from lendmeurears... 10-15 bucks extra for a gr04 fe or gr06. i'd keep the gr07 and toss the lower model to a family member of mine. for now, money is going to a dac.

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #144 of 166
Quote:
Is it true they discontinued this model? :frowning2:

apparently yes... 
I asked. 

btw anyone knows some good budget portable amps that go well with GR04FE? 

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #146 of 166
Quote:
apparently yes... 
I asked. 

btw anyone knows some good budget portable amps that go well with GR04FE? 

That kind of depends on your definition of 'budget'. I use mine mostly with a cheapie E6 and a Clip+. Decent sound from a sub-€100 setup... (ok, that required some smart shopping...) 

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #147 of 166
Quote:

That kind of depends on your definition of 'budget'. I use mine mostly with a cheapie E6 and a Clip+. Decent sound from a sub-€100 setup... (ok, that required some smart shopping...) 

How about E6 and iPod Nano 5G? I already have the nano so I think I'll only need the amp... Does it sound good with E6?
Quote:
JDS Labs Cmoy.
The GR04 are my running/exercise headphones. Good sound and very durable.

Same here
smily_headphones1.gif
 use them for running too
hmmm do you mean 
http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=cMoyBB203 this? (forgive me I'm a complete noob at this)

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #150 of 166
Quote:
it should be alright, i mean the nano is probably the weakest link there but worth trying

what player+amp would you suggest then? (except the clip+, I can't afford it if I buy an amp so it's either)
how about if I have a PC+dragonfly? Will it be better than the iPod Nano?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back