Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name)
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #76 of 166
Same boat for me. Ordered mine Sunday. Monday they contacted me via Ebay message about where to ship them because my Paypal address differed. The never got back to me and ebay has not marked it shipped. 

All that said, I'm not THAT worried. This is not the worst customer service I have ever had. Try ordering Boon Gloves from Thailand, Or better yet, Cleto Reyes Direct from Mexico. I had to wait 8 weeks just to find out they were back ordered. 

I hope they get back to me soon though, I'm very eager to hear them. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #77 of 166
Quote:
I listen to mine off an iPod going through one of these: http://www.head-fi.org/t/553094/continued-sidetrack-discussion-from-tiniest-portable-amp-i-can-build-nikongod-microtransformer-based-impedance-step-down-box

Anyway, to use a technical term: they're BANGIN!

Whoa! Dude, that is so cool. And it looks like someone as inexperienced as me might would have a chance at building it. So...i have a long weekend coming up...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
They just shipped mine out today, and I ordered over 8 days ago! I suppose they picked up on the problem after I sent them numerous messages on eBay and emails...

...mine are out for delivery...
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #78 of 166
so mine are in....and I'm rather undecided. I feel like they should sound better. Cuz right now its pretty bad. theres no bass and the highs are piercingly harsh. I think its a bad seal, but i can seem to figure out a way to get that o so elusive seal.help?

edit: So i think I've got it...maybe. Sounds better. Man, totally different feel than my standard cans.

edit edit: So i was running them off my FiiO e10. Well there's something not right with it. The backgorund isnt comletly dark. SO i Just stuck them on my itouch, ahhh much better. The detail, it's phenominal. Goodness, i'm really struggling with this seal thing.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #79 of 166
Quote:
so mine are in....and I'm rather undecided. I feel like they should sound better. Cuz right now its pretty bad. theres no bass and the highs are piercingly harsh. I think its a bad seal, but i can seem to figure out a way to get that o so elusive seal.help?

edit: So i think I've got it...maybe. Sounds better. Man, totally different feel than my standard cans.

edit edit: So i was running them off my FiiO e10. Well there's something not right with it. The backgorund isnt comletly dark. SO i Just stuck them on my itouch, ahhh much better. The detail, it's phenominal. Goodness, i'm really struggling with this seal thing.

Mine shipped out this morning, how long did they take to arrive from the ship date?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #80 of 166
Quote:

When I received mine, I had bass issues too, but after a couple of hours the drivers loosened up or something, as the bass became a lot better. Needed to EQ them for a while to get the bass where I want it, but not anymore. Never had problems with the highs though...

About your seal issues: what tips are you currently using? 

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #81 of 166
Quote:

When I received mine, I had bass issues too, but after a couple of hours the drivers loosened up or something, as the bass became a lot better. Needed to EQ them for a while to get the bass where I want it, but not anymore. Never had problems with the highs though...

About your seal issues: what tips are you currently using? 

using the smallest black ones (like the tiniest ones ive ever seen) They seem to be sealing pretty well as far as i can tell. The sound seems a bit more full when i push them in, but i suppose that's to be expected. I tried a ton of them, the foam included, they kept popping out.

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #83 of 166
I just reviewed my GR04 flagship. They are really something special. Incredible for the $53 price. A true value.

I am very surprised that the sounded great out of the box. They had a wonderful amount of detail particularly in the highs, which I did not expect with them being less expensive dynamics. The fit is great as well. So many tips, I got to get the perfect seal/comfort balance. 

I ordered them last Sunday and Monday morning the emailed me to confirm my address. I did not hear back from them until yesterday, after I had sent them a few emails on Wednesday. But they arrived this after noon in a strange package that my girlfriend mistook for a brick of weed. And rightfully so; it was wrapped in weed colored and textured paper, so odd. But other then that they were in perfect conditions and FAR exceeded my moderately high expectations. The balance you get for the price is truly amazing. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #84 of 166
OK, so how does the GR-06 fit Into this scheme of things? Someone in this thread suggested that the GR-04 PRO FLAGSHIP EDITION was higher up the food chain than the the GR-06, right below the GR-07...what a mess! Any ideas?

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #85 of 166
Quote:
OK, so how does the GR-06 fit Into this scheme of things? Someone in this thread suggested that the GR-04 PRO FLAGSHIP EDITION was higher up the food chain than the the GR-06, right below the GR-07...what a mess! Any ideas?

That is true. It goes GR99, GR02, GR02 Bass, GR04 Classic, GR06, GR04 Flagship, GR07, GR01, GR08 (soon to be released)

The GR04 Flagship is being discontinued, hence the low price.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #86 of 166
just be sure to get the flagship (it has 50ohms) not the classic, they are different. 

btw, to report back after having mine for a few weeks I'm quite impressed. Nice balance throughout. It's interesting to see how my CD's play differently with it. Like the Highs of Sufferer and the Witness are more evident, but the mid range of Meteora is more evident. They sound fantastic. Though very, very different from the headphones I'm so used to. My only qualm with it is the bass. I don't necessarily want more of it, just little bit more extension. All in all it a fantastic little ear phone for a fantastic little price.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #87 of 166
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster. So I've got a quandary. Until recently I had a pair of Vsonic gr02 BEs (I broke them in embarrassing fashion). Anyway, I had intended to simply replace them with a new pair, but the lowered prices for the gr04 and gr06 are hard to ignore. My concerns about them are the bass levels, so do they even approach the bass levels of the gr02 be? I normally listen to the rap/rock/elextronica triumvirate but would not consider myself a basshead... I just appreciate a little oomph. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #88 of 166
Quote:
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster. So I've got a quandary. Until recently I had a pair of Vsonic gr02 BEs (I broke them in embarrassing fashion). Anyway, I had intended to simply replace them with a new pair, but the lowered prices for the gr04 and gr06 are hard to ignore. My concerns about them are the bass levels, so do they even approach the bass levels of the gr02 be? I normally listen to the rap/rock/elextronica triumvirate but would not consider myself a basshead... I just appreciate a little oomph. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm a big rocker. And i will say for the first several hours the bass was pretty lacking. Others have noted similar issues. After a few hours it settles in and gets much better. Is it perfect, no. Personally i would like a bit more extension and slam, But i was coming from the 8323, a mildly dark can so I suppose that could be the issue. So in reality perhaps mildly light in my opinion. But that's not to say i don't enjoy it immensely. It really has quite a nice body to it. WELL worth the $50 bucks. And that's coming from a non iem headphone lover guy.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #89 of 166
I disagree, I think the bass is perfect in extension and impact, and very detailed. My only complaint is in the treble, which to me sounds ever so slightly grainy. Other than that, I LOVE THESE IEMs. I've considered going to the GR07, but I really can't imagine much improvement except in the tiny bit of top-end grain, which hardly seems worth $120 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back