Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name)
Sep 7, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 166
Thanks Mark and sorry Leynar.

I loved the M2's but they broke on me. I'd like a similar IEM but don't want to buy M2 again. The only thing that bothered me about the M2 was the soundstage which I didn't find it to be enough, but I could live with it. Main positives I found were the instrument separation and mid-range. The lack of extended highs did not bother me much.

Then I bought the soundmagic Pl 50 and found them to sound a bit like mono compared to Brainwavz M2. Instrument separation was no where near M2 and the positive reviews I read about them seemed baffling to me. and I couldn't bother about the highs, and mids. Bass is very bad too. Hated Pl 50.

So now I'm really leaning towards VSonic R04 considering they're in the same price range too + better cabling (slider and over the ear style)

Now do I buy it or are there any other in the price range or the M2's again ?

Thanks a lot
Cheers!

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #21 of 166
The articulation on the GR04 and 7's are very very stiff yes.

Very unlike the Feels Pro900 where its free moving. The Vsonics need some force, not alot, but some. They do articulate yes.. :)

May 19, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #23 of 166
I have the lowly Pro version and am in love. They were a little shouty (overly mid-forward) when I first tried them, and the bass was rather weak; but I tried the included large foam tips, and this corrected both issues. I'm now using some medium-large double flanges from some old Meelectronics, and it has a very full, balanced sound. Very sweet and pleasing.

I'm amazed these haven't gotten more attention, but they don't seem available very widely. With the almost identical look, have these been speculated to be phased out in favor of the GR06?

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #28 of 166
Quote:
well Grado's are really bright and forward so not very much.  still try the 4 i bet you'll like them.  either way come back and say what you make of them, they havent been talked about much.

Sounds good, I think I've finally figured out the naming. The basic 4 (24z) is slightly below or about on par with the 6, the 50ohm model exceeds the 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back