Vsonic GR01 replacement filters
Apr 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

d3ft

100+ Head-Fier
Due to a wax buildup which had somehow made its way through the protective mesh, one of the paper filters on my GR01s has become unusable (volume about 95% reduced). I've peeled off the filters on both side in order to keep using the 'phones but this has rendered the sound extremely fatiguing, even at lowered volumes. Does anyone know if replacement filters can be purchased, or have I just killed my 'phones?

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 4
I lost the metal outer housing and paper filters. I wrote to Vsonic and they send me replacement (metal housing and paper filters - to Europe) free of charge. Unfortunately while I was waiting for package I tried using GR01 with Westone foams (with metal filter taken off) and after the package came I tried to remove the foam and I ripped one of the earphones from the cable... Currently waiting for response from VSonic whether they can fixed it.
By the way - try using it with foams (either Comply or Westone) - it can drastically improve the performance when you don't use the paper filters. But be careful.

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 4
That's interested about the foams. How exactly do they change the sound if it's not actually passing through them?

Apr 14, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Not sure really. Westone foams have very narrow opening, that combine with good isolation highlights low frequencies and smoothes out high a bit. Using silicone tips without filters makes the listening experience unbearable.
I'm not saying it's better to use the foam without filers than foam with filters. It's just a way to enjoy the iems when you lose either metal or paper filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back