Vote the best silkscreen for E10 to show the bass boost
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #16 of 30
D or E would be best from most people's perspectives. or "bass boost: on and off" like some people have been suggesting, but that requires more ink?

not that it matters much, it's easy to hear the difference, the e5 doesn't even have markers on the slider!

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #17 of 30
C for me :p

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 30
My vote goes to E.

...or this:
E10-F.jpg

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #23 of 30
For the love of Millicent S. Glandmonocles, I'll vote already.

If we understand one another, Feiao -- and I think we do -- then you've probably guessed where I lean (and, no, I don't like to be touched there).

C and D seem clearest -- not only to me, but probably to the gawker who's never even seen an amp before.  Additionally, D seems most accurate, since Normal is a standard setting on traditional hi-fi equipment and, as a term, is understandable to laypeople (who apparently provide sex to the entire world when they're not staring vapidly at switches on headphone amps). It is also a relative term in the sense that it can mean the normal sound of a given amp -- even if that sound is particularly bright or dark, or boosts the midrange to some alarming degree that causes people with autism to drone dipthongs into their teacups.

Two problems with using the word Flat:

(1) You have to know EQ terminology to understand it and not every customer will.

(2) As I insinuated above while pointing and leering, no amp truly is.

And now I must return to my highly special project:  Mastering the art of smiling and frowning at the same time.

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #29 of 30
C is the clearest.....but I prefer as streamlined a look as possible so E is the most streamlined while still showing a clear display of the functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back