Vote for favorite Beatles Album...
Apr 30, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #17 of 39
I can't choose; I love sgt peppers, abbey Road, Revolver, Rubber Soul. I also love let it be, and the new naked version, I love Love.....

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 39
While Abbey Road is absolutely stunning, Revolver edges it out in my book. Sgt. Pepper's is of course classic, and Rubber Soul is also quite nice. I've never been a huge fan of the White Album. It's OK, but just not as overall listenable IMO as the others previously mentioned.

May 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #19 of 39
Although my favourite album changes all the time I've just voted for A Hard Days Night! I think it's overlooked in a lot of polls & "Greatest Ever Albums" lists etc. It's just a great out-and-out pop album that still sounds fresh & energetic even after 44 years.

May 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 39
slight hi-jack ....

I'm looking for really good CD releases/masterings of most Beatles albums ...

can anybody recommend?

May 1, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 39
I used to hate Beatles until i've watched the Cirque Du Soleil Love show. I bought the LOVE album which I now love and started to appreciate them. So the LOVE gets my vote here under the other albums in the poll ...

Aug 10, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #25 of 39
For me it's Rubber Soul...but the US version. There's something about "It's Only Love" and "I've Just Seen a Face" that fit well with that album.

It's a close finish, with Revolver (US version) in second and Yesterday and Today (US was ONLY version) in third.

SIGH...the US versions get no love.
frown.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SIGH...the US versions get no love.
frown.gif

I know. I love the Capitol mono versions. That's what I grew up with, and they just sound right to me. I suppose if I hear the UK monos one day, I'll change my mind, but they never seem to show up in the record shops around here...

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #27 of 39
Still haven't voted, because I can't choose between Rubber Soul and Revolver. Really into those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back