VOTE: Cream or Led Zeppelin?
Jul 30, 2008 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ilikebananafudge

100+ Head-Fier
I love both bands, and I don't even know which one I'd vote for, so I was wondering what other people thought.
smile.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 23
I put my vote for Led Zeppelin. As a drummer myself, the choice between Ginger Baker and John Bonham is difficult. While both bands were influential and chalked full of talent... the sheer longevity and number of albums from Led Zeppelin is what influenced my vote.

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 23
No contest for me: Zep. But fans of bass should listen to Cream's Jack Bruce. His playing is kray-zy! good. And he wrote "Sunshine Of Your Love."

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 23
Led Zeppelin. They had quite a bit more diversity, as well as more albums and material to listen to. Houses of the Holy is a gem.

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 23
Both were major impact bands....

Just need to go with Led Zeppelin since I really enjoy so many of their tunes.

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #10 of 23
Tough one, but Led Zep just shade it for me.
Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton are some of the most talented ever players of the respective instruments and individually great soloists. However, as an ensemble, I thought they were less than the sum of the parts.

Led Zeppelin, however, boasted the best rock rhythm section of all time, full stop (or period). As well as being excellent musicians in their own right, it was that together they really came alive. They were spellbinding, knocking spots of what you could laughingly call the “competition”. Overlay the tightest, most solid drums and bass in rock with the soaring voice of Percy and the innovative virtuoso guitar playing of Mr Page, and you have one truly exceptional rock band.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyalfa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough one, but Led Zep just shade it for me.
Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton are some of the most talented ever players of the respective instruments and individually great soloists. However, as an ensemble, I thought they were less than the sum of the parts.

Led Zeppelin, however, boasted the best rock rhythm section of all time, full stop (or period). As well as being excellent musicians in their own right, it was that together they really came alive. They were spellbinding, knocking spots of what you could laughingly call the “competition”. Overlay the tightest, most solid drums and bass in rock with the soaring voice of Percy and the innovative virtuoso guitar playing of Mr Page, and you have one truly exceptional rock band.

I dont know when you saw them play, but I saw them twice in there heyday, and they sucked both times. Four great musicians playing away, one not very good band playing together.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #12 of 23
Alas, I never got to see either of them live. I'm just going on recorded output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back