Vote: Best Bang for the Buck < $300
Oct 24, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #122 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither of the headphones I've recommended are included as options in your poll. But I wouldn't vote anyway, as I feel it is meaningless, as in meaningless - without a context - in terms of the your associated gear, sonic preferences, tastes in music, environment in which you'll be doing most of your listening (which would help in terms of the open, closed or IEM decision.)

In other words - and please don't take offense - I think it's meaningless to have a poll such as this without a context because I think the answers that reasonably well informed members would give would be very much dependent upon the context.

I also think that the answers provided by poorly informed people (as in those with little to no experience in actually listening to and comparing the various options available) are of no use in any event. About all it can tell you is what is 'popular' in a blind, naked context.

So I don't really get it - this whole thing about not wanting to 'discuss' the reasons why people may vote the way they vote until after the poll closes. That would seem to be contrary to any useful purpose this poll could possibly have for a "user" of headphones. If it's just market research, or intended for a school project, say so. That would save a lot of frustration on the part of those who wish to participate meaningfully in such a poll.

In other words, why are you killing any attempt by any member to 'further' the discussion with, "Let's not talk about that until the poll has closed."?

BTW, if your answer to the above is "School project" then my answer is K701. But, otherwise I'd prefer not to vote.

No problem. There should be no mystery as to what this poll is about, as I explained it in my first post. I quote it here for your convenience. A few reasons for not discussing the poll until it is over. It will make it easier for me to count the "other" votes. It will minimize the chance of arguments, repeatedly, and side bar discussions. IMO, it's best to let the poll be what I have explained it to be in my first post. I welcome you to vote or not, your choice. And I welcome your participation in the discussion that I will encourage after the poll closes. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vote for 1 set of headphones that you consider to be the best bang for the buck, whether you have used it or not.

For this poll the headphones must be full size, (circumaural or supraural, but not specifically designed for portability) and available for purchase new for under $300 (or on back order).

Please choose based on your personal preference, your current knowledge of these headphones, your uses for headphones, your budget, and your use or likely use of associated equipment. The main purpose of this thread is fun and to see what gets chosen. This is not a competition or a scientific survey.

I selected the headphones for this poll based primarily on my reading here at Head-Fi. You may choose other full size headphones, but please post what it is so others may know.

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #123 of 135
Alright, thanks. I read all of that in your opening post, but just didn't get it. ^^^ I still don't, but that's Ok.

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #125 of 135
Quote:

I am certain you are not alone, and yet so many have voted. Hmm....

I've noticed that too...

Quote:

In other words - and please don't take offense - I think it's meaningless to have a poll such as this without a context...

I also think that the answers provided by poorly informed people (as in those with little to no experience in actually listening to and comparing the various options available) are of no use in any event. About all it can tell you is what is 'popular' in a blind, naked context.

Hmm...

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #126 of 135
Quote:

This is why I haven't voted. I have no experience with many of these so I cannot give an informed opinion. I also question what the use of the poll is, but there are many other threads with similarly questionable content so I don't see a problem.

I vote for whatever the buyer wants! You have a spot for that on your poll 1time?
redface.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #127 of 135
I have just received a Sony MDR-F1. These are alreadyowned but Amazon has them for $300.

These are the best bucks I have spent so far for hp. These hp are in the Sony's quality for high fidelity.No cheap stuff here!

regards,

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #128 of 135
No offense , seems that you've been a member since 05 and are a 1000+ poster, and you make a poll about opinions/preferences on sub 300 headphones, hmmm.

That, to me seems kinda odd considering that you'd probably get a better idea of peoples opinions/preferences by reading previous posts and a doing a small amount research.

Sorry if I come across a tad harsh, not my intention
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #130 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why I haven't voted. I have no experience with many of these so I cannot give an informed opinion. I also question what the use of the poll is, but there are many other threads with similarly questionable content so I don't see a problem.

I vote for whatever the buyer wants! You have a spot for that on your poll 1time?
redface.gif

Maxvla, if you want to vote in a poll that is about what the buyer wants, then why don't you start such a poll? And if you question the use of this poll, then why not simply abstain from voting in it? Or, go start a poll that you don't question its use? If you read my first post, it clearly describes the purpose of the poll and what to vote for. I quote it below for your convenient reference. Also, I would rather any discussion of the poll be held after it concludes on 11.2.08, and I welcome you to do so at that time. Please, until then, simply vote or not. Thanks

Quote:

Vote for 1 set of headphones that you consider to be the best bang for the buck, whether you have used it or not.

For this poll the headphones must be full size, (circumaural or supraural, but not specifically designed for portability) and available for purchase new for under $300 (or on back order).

Please choose based on your personal preference, your current knowledge of these headphones, your uses for headphones, your budget, and your use or likely use of associated equipment. The main purpose of this thread is fun and to see what gets chosen. This is not a competition or a scientific survey.

I selected the headphones for this poll based primarily on my reading here at Head-Fi. You may choose other full size headphones, but please post what it is so others may know.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #131 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense , seems that you've been a member since 05 and are a 1000+ poster, and you make a poll about opinions/preferences on sub 300 headphones, hmmm.

That, to me seems kinda odd considering that you'd probably get a better idea of peoples opinions/preferences by reading previous posts and a doing a small amount research.

Sorry if I come across a tad harsh, not my intention
biggrin.gif

No problem, and no need to apologize. However, I prefer holding discussions regarding this poll until after it closes on 11.2.08. Thanks

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #132 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just received a Sony MDR-F1. These are alreadyowned but Amazon has them for $300.

These are the best bucks I have spent so far for hp. These hp are in the Sony's quality for high fidelity.No cheap stuff here!

regards,

The MDR-F1 sells new for under $300 so that's your vote. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back