Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #632 of 874
I have both and there sublime.
Vorzuge pure ii for Eq-8.
Liquid Carbon for senns HD800S balanced.
Both fed from Chord Hugo.
The Pure is a stunning portable amp and a fine match for most headphones apart from EQ-8 my next favourite
Headphones are Grado HF-1 and HF-2.
Spent many hours with the Pure and thoroughly recommend it.
I have two friends that run Pure ii+ as there amps fed from Hugo & Mojo into Ether Grado GS 1000e and Jh pro 16 .
The Carbon is a very fine amp and deserves the praise heaped upon it.
In my opinion there both at the top of the tree in regards to sound and the Carbon is stunning as a balanced
Amp for the money.
I don't regret buying either of them.
Only thing to look out for is the Cavalli Audio Liquid Spark due in a few months time.

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #633 of 874
I have both and there sublime.
Vorzuge pure ii for Eq-8.
Liquid Carbon for senns HD800S balanced.
Both fed from Chord Hugo.
The Pure is a stunning portable amp and a fine match for most headphones apart from EQ-8 my next favourite
Headphones are Grado HF-1 and HF-2.
Spent many hours with the Pure and thoroughly recommend it.
I have two friends that run Pure ii+ as there amps fed from Hugo & Mojo into Ether Grado GS 1000e and Jh pro 16 .
The Carbon is a very fine amp and deserves the praise heaped upon it.
In my opinion there both at the top of the tree in regards to sound and the Carbon is stunning as a balanced
Amp for the money.
I don't regret buying either of them.
Only thing to look out for is the Cavalli Audio Liquid Spark due in a few months time.

Thanx :)
How you find VorzAMP PURE II with HD800S

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #634 of 874

mmm.....if I may, listened to the HD 800 S (with Stefan Audioart Endorphin single-ended cable)  + AK 240 + Vorzuge Pure II Plus. It is a very good combination for on-the-go listening. The tiny amp lets the HD 800 S strut its stuff (plenty loud at 9 o'clock position, high gain. Past 12 o'clock on the volume pot, prepare to destroy your hearing). Very easy to carry.  Don't leave home without it...............................BUT the Mass Kobo 404 balanced amp, powering the HD 800 S,  trumps  the Vorzuge Pure II + in terms of SQ. Less easy to carry but still very much transportable.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #635 of 874

mmm.....if I may, listened to the HD 800 S (with Stefan Audioart Endorphin single-ended cable)  + AK 240 + Vorzuge Pure II Plus. It is a very good combination for on-the-go listening. The tiny amp lets the HD 800 S strut its stuff (plenty loud at 9 o'clock position, high gain. Past 12 o'clock on the volume pot, prepare to destroy your hearing). Very easy to carry.  Don't leave home without it...............................BUT the Mass Kobo 404 balanced amp, powering the HD 800 S,  trumps  the Vorzuge Pure II + in terms of SQ. Less easy to carry but still very much transportable.

Wow thanx for the info, im glad you got mass kobo 404, thanx for confirming about pure II+
(in your opinion) Do I miss alot for not having mass kobo 404? :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #637 of 874
In my option the Vorzuge pure is a very good portable amp. It can drive the HD800S fine.
But the HD800S sounds better being driven balanced. There are very few portable balanced amps.
Would like to try Mass Kobo 404.
I don't think there is a dap that has a amp section any were near as good as the Vorzuge Pure.
Even fed from the line out of an iPhone it's still very enjoyable.

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #639 of 874
I know this is not the place, and maybe it was disscused elsewhere...
Im interested to know Mass Kobo 404 vs Calvalli Liquid Carbon at both balanced and SE :) and also compairing it to the Pure II/+

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #642 of 874

Users who are viewing this thread

Back