Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #811 of 873
There is a strong desire to buy an amplifier from Vorzuge, only Pure 2+ versions
Go for it. I myself have been eyeing the Duo II for a while now, just waiting for the wife's approval.

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #813 of 873
I have one in LN condition. PM me if interested. Just not using it enough as I purchased a RME ADI-2 PRO dac and just using my headphones with that. The Vorzuge is an AMAZING amp.

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #814 of 873
This thread needs more love. Stacked with Shanling M5s, connected with Alo Audio green line cable.

I'm starting to realize that this amp is very very tiny . Alot smaller than i took it for on adverts for it

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #815 of 873
I'm starting to realize that this amp is very very tiny . Alot smaller than i took it for on adverts for it
It's my smallest portable amp but it's also the best one I got. Here it is stack to the Hiby R3 20200111_200226.jpg

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #816 of 873
Thanks for this..yeah,it's tiny! But I really need this for my old Creative Nomad dap. I usually hafta double amp it to really get a super rich sound cooking on it. Really wanna scale back from my past 'Franken-stack' projects with it lol.

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #817 of 873
Hi, I thought someone might be happy with my short DAP to AMP cable, since it´s also advertised on the Vorzüge website, too:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/oya...high-end-portable-headphone-amp-cable.923939/

Oh, and if you guys ask yourselves too if the Vorzüge company is planning to release a portable tube amp, alas the answer is no! I emailed with the team and they said they won't do it in the near future ...

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #818 of 873
Hi, I thought someone might be happy with my short DAP to AMP cable, since it´s also advertised on the Vorzüge website, too:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/oya...high-end-portable-headphone-amp-cable.923939/

Oh, and if you guys ask yourselves too if the Vorzüge company is planning to release a portable tube amp, alas the answer is no! I emailed with the team and they said they won't do it in the near future ...

Frankly, as a big 'tube-sound' fan who's been through several of the best options out there in terms of portable tube amps, I'm not terribly surprised or disappointed that Vorzuge aren't going down that route. It feels like the trade-offs of getting tubes to work portably are just too much, and frankly the Duo is my end-game 'tube' amp, in that it has a brilliantly thick and rich sound, with all of the upsides of SS, hardware EQ, and a bonkers bottom end that you just wouldn't get with actual tubes.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #823 of 873
Can you please give SQ comparison of the Duo vs Calyx M ? Thanx
You mean sound comparison Calyx M only vs Calyx M with Duo II, right?
Because that’s the combo I have been listening to.
What can I say. The sound is like listening with tubes. Calyx only is a bit clearer but with Duo II the music plays with a great authority, thunder down below (if you know what I mean), the vocals are particularly pleasant to listen to. Width seems wider. What else? My Stellia was driven with ease. But Calyx M only is also great, if you don’t need the extra juice and headroom. It just doesn’t have that character when in combination with the Duo II.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #825 of 873
I've been out of the audio game for a few years now....and am wondering: is the pure II, circa 2014, still considered a high quality portable amp?

AFAIK amp tech hasn't really had any kind of major evolution since then*, but portable amp stacks in general seem to have fallen out of fashion, though there are still a decent number of options available- mainly replaced by more versatile DAPs, a big shift toward IEMs over headphones, and ubiquity of small usb & bluetooth dac/amp dongles due to so many phones dropping headphone jacks (as well as a few successful larger portable dac/amps like Chord Mojo, iFi Black Lable, Fiio Q5).

*Vorzuge do have the Duo if you want tone controls. The THX brand "AAA" licnesed amp designs have become very popular, but I think all the portables are combo dac/amps like the Monolith, Q5s (also, idk that they are necessarily that much different than other measurement minded amps like the Pure). There've been a few other developments like the Korg Nanotube, but doesn't seem to have made huge inroads as of yet (there's a DIY kit you can buy from Japan, the DX220 DAP has a modular nanotube amp).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back