1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Volume too high with Westone UM2 and phone/mp3 player

First

Back
  1. w0lverine
    Exactly ! I'm really in no position to judge you on this one :wink:

If anything, I would love sharper and deeper bass on my next IEMs, although I wouldn't mind bigger sound stage. Thank you for your feedback, I'll browse my choices when the time of change comes !

I'll probably buy the volume controller today, I'll keep you guys informed.

Thanks, it's a always a pleasure to learn with you guys !

2. Jeremypsp

Quote:

True, the W4 are less sensitive. Though the W4 has a slightly too much bass for me and I would prefer a little more spark to the treble. 

3. csommers
    The UM2's are definitely sensitive (it's not just your ears). I use them mainly out of my older 4Gen iPod and for most tracks I have to put the volume @ ~ 3-5% (hardly any black bar showing on the slider). As for hissing: yep, got that too. They are basically un-useable direct from my MBP, the hiss is REALLY apparent. 

I really do enjoy the sound signature, but yea...they're super SUPER picky.

4. Jeremypsp

Quote:

Weird how you guys can have them so soft and can still be so loud. I used it on my Walkman and the least I need was maybe about 16-17/30. Don't know if it's just my ears spoiling but for other IEMs, that seems to be normal... 

First

Back