Volume Settings...
Jul 7, 2009 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crb

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi'ers,

I am just starting out at this so I am looking for some info.

I have a Macbook which runs a Meier Audio Corda 3MOVE and then into either my HD570's or Logitech computer speakers. I am wondering how best to set the volumes for these at the moment I run the speakers at full volume and use the volume control on the 3MOVE. I noticed when you select the DAC as your output device on the Macbook it set the volume to max but then you cannot use the volume controls on they keyboard...

So... how would you set the volumes???

Cheers,

Craig
dt880smile.png

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 7
Cheers FallenAngel!

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Cheers Nick

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 7
I had a similar question to this. I am planning on building a BantamDAC.
ksc75smile.gif

From what I've read through search is that I should Max the volume on the computer and control the volume on the amp if I'm using a USB DAC. I also thought that I read through search that if it is an analog out that it shouldn't be maxed but instead set at 75% at the computer yet still control the volume from the amp. Is this analog out the same as the line-out/headphone jack on my on-board motherboard sound card and should I then set it to 75%? (I plan on setting it to 100% when I get my usb DAC running)

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 7
100% should be 0db, which is what you want. There might be some drivers that go above 0db at 100% though? I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back