Volume control for earphones?
Dec 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rossabo

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

Let me start this thread by first describing the problem I am facing. Recently, my iPod's headphone jack broke (no sound out of the right channel). Instead of spending 40$ to buy a new jack, I decided to go the cheap way and spend around 10$ and buy an iPod dock to 3.5mm output (male), and a 3.5mm female-female connector to connect the output to earphones. This would work perfectly, except the problem is that there is no volume adjustment at all, and it is always really loud.

What I preferably need is a portable volume adjuster to plug my earphones into, so I could adjust the sound through that. Do those exist? I saw some Sure volume adjustment thing, but that was 90$. Amazon.com: Shure EA650 Volume Control for Shure E/SE Series Sound Isolating Earphones: Electronics

If they don't exist, what are some decent cheap earphones/earbuds with volume adjustment built in?

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 3
RadioShark has Koss inline volume control for $10. Here.

BTW, I am just going to poison you with a suggestion of FiiO E5. It is a small amp that can be used with your line-out-dock and it has a digital volume control. Best of all, it can currently be pre-ordered from DealExtreme.com for $20.

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RadioShark has Koss inline volume control for $10. Here.

BTW, I am just going to poison you with a suggestion of FiiO E5. It is a small amp that can be used with your line-out-dock and it has a digital volume control. Best of all, it can currently be pre-ordered from DealExtreme.com for $20.

Thanks for replying so fast!

That FiiO looks pretty cool! I'm using earbuds, but they already have good bass (they're the Sony clip-on ear-clip earbuds) , so maybe those will really work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back