Vocal EDM, House & Dance-pop
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #136 of 195

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #137 of 195
A thread with vocal EDM in the title and so far nobody has posted anything from Monstercat... Do people who are normally into EDM dislike this label or it's just not well known here?

I can only speak for myself. And say that my knowledge of this genre is far from encyclopedic. Once a month or so, I'll do a search for new EDM/dance tracks to see what's out there. But I mostly know some of the old-timers, and a few of the more mainstream acts, like your Dua Lipas, Halseys, Zara Larssons, and so forth.

I'm not up on all the latest and greatest styles of e-music. But the above track has a bit of a dubsteppy quality to me.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #138 of 195
I can only speak for myself. And say that my knowledge of this genre is far from encyclopedic. Once a month or so, I'll do a search for new EDM/dance tracks to see what's out there. But I mostly know some of the old-timers, and a few of the more mainstream acts, like your Dua Lipas, Halseys, Zara Larssons, and so forth.

I'm not up on all the latest and greatest styles of e-music. But the above track has a bit of a dubsteppy quality to me.
Pop and EDM became fairly distinct from each other for a while now. Nowadays the typical EDM track relies on a more "modern" sound design (which is probably why it sounds dubsteppy) while pop generally kept the focus on songwriting. Like this one:

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #149 of 195
Let me drop you some slap house

Users who are viewing this thread

Back