Vmoda Verza vs. JDS C5d
Feb 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IaHawkeye

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard both? Anyone have any opinions of either one of these, or ideals both?

Looking at getting one of these for my JH Roxanne's and IPhone 5, kind of up in the air though, the connivence of the verza with the case is nice, but it's going to be $400 more....I hear good things about the JDS c5d and the price is hard to beat....I'm open to suggestions and input, please help me decide!

I've never used a Dac or headphone amp before in my life, kind of excited to see if I can hear a difference

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 3
I have only heard the Verza as I own one.  Imo it definitely improves the sound out of my iPhone 5.  I find with the Verza, my M100's don't seem to have as much of a U shaped sound curve, they seem better balanced than straight out of the iPhone.  Without the Vera I don't really find the M100's that enjoyable.  One major benefit with the Verza is that you can adjust the volume to a precise setting easily with the volume control knob.  I also prefer using the Verza with my M4U2's as opposed to using the M4U2's amp.  I feel the Verza seems to open up the sound stage a little bit, and also increases detail retrieval.  

You might also want to check out the HeadAmp Pico Slim for use with iem's.  It is supposed to have 60 hour battery life per charge. I don't believe it has a built in dac though, but I've only heard great things about HeadAmp products which is why I also have a Pico Power on order:)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back