Vmoda LP2 or ATH Pro700 MK2
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Omnom

100+ Head-Fier
Now I'm kind of looking for style and in regards to that the MK2's are a bit plain for me with the vmodas coming across as stylish. Putting that aside what has better sound quality?
I listen to dubstep, hip hip, pop, rock anything thats recently come out really, Pretty much i just like my bass.
I will be doing some gaming with these too, but not competitive gaming just the occasional one, I would like to know where im getting shot from though.
Comfort would be nice too, sometimes i game excessively and i like to listen to music on car trips so it would be nice to have something comfortable.

Is the soundstage good on any of them?

Thanks in advance

I was also looking at the M50 LE and the Denon AHD1100
Any good?

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 6
If your primary is dubstep and you like bass I would shoot for the vmoda lp2 or Ultrasone hifi580/DJ1 the 580 is a better imo but I love v-modas feel and just the look and case, it just cant be beat...But if your patient the V-moda m100s are gonna be dropped first week in July I would wait for those because they look sick and will blow away all previous v-moda products, 
.BEATS/HTC/MONSTER talk IMO should move to the large thread on Head-Fi as to not overtake this thread as I am sure it could go on and on...

VEXING INDUSTRY
The industry is vexing right now and I have a lot to say, I just don't want to say it here and I don't like to bash the competition.  I'd rather be a classy competitor and speak about our virtues while giving credit where credit is due.  I wish I could review all headphones, but I know people would think it is biased.  But I do tell DJs, if you don't DJ with a LP/LP2, use a Pioneer HDJ-2000 (but not the case).

I personally know many of the competitors employees AND most of their factories in-depth.  Also, some of our employees and our competition through the years have churned (esp with three of us), so it is intriguing to me to see what happens.  In fact, because of this industry turnover, I change our biz plan HOURLY and I also give newer employees, especially contractors, misdirected info (past hour) on purpose as pure research and to test them for NDA breaches - although I do phrase it to never lie. We've been so burned in IP breaches, I am forced to do this.  True innovation is critical for all successful brands long-term.  

JUKE POLICY
In case competitors read these threads, I will occasionally have to juke on the forums, but I'll keep track and maybe we can turn it into a game and I'll come clean when the products launch... This way I can disclose some more real stuff, test new ideas (misdirects) and throw in some hidden gems.  For the record, I haven't done any misdirects externally yet.

I thank Apple and Beats for helping us to create this new category of lifestyle headphones. While V-MODA may have kick-started this trend with the first colored-cable headphone, aptly named REMIX M-CLASS (originally for METAL), we wouldn't be here today without them.  Well, actually, REVOLVER was conceptualized nearly 8 years ago so maybe extra $ would have gotten us here faster, but we would have fd it all up on QC and ergos without a LOT of R&D investment and TIME.  I have many more theories on time and products I'll share later....  

M-100 FOCUS, NEW TEASER
To re-focus on M-100, let me give you some updates- the case is smaller...  Also, the next shipment of LP/LP2 to Amazon + V-MODA.com has a smaller case.

CMF
CMF is COLORS MATERIAL AND FINISH.  What do you think of doing the following 4 CMFs for M-100?  We may not be able to make them all, but these are our prototypes I'm making:

1) GOLD/BLACK (like the protos in the wild CHUCKIE, ERICK MORILLO and I are testing at gigs)
2) WHITE/BLUE
3) SHADOW (like M-80)
4) WHITE

here is a snapshot:

gold

blue

white

shadow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back