Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #76 of 563
Hi guys, 

Just got back in late last night from the Newport show.  Those photos bmichaels is putting up are from our room at the show (please do use them as you like).
We had a blast and I think a lot of the show-goers did as well, even though most entered our room expecting one of our big two channel systems that we usually show.  This year we decided to highlight top flight headphone systems.  Our range started from the Heed Audio CanAmp, Canalot and the new Elixir table top integrated, up to the new Egoista 2A3 and Egoista 845 dedicated headphone amps.  These were fed by the Viva Numerico and Genisis Advanced Technologies Muse music streamer (which was a mind blowing experience as he really holds it's own as a serious source component).
Here are more photos that I took. Some are of our second room down the hall was more of a regular stereo room, if you will, that my friend and fellow dealer was running.

Enjoy!

Dan Muzquiz
Blackbird Audio Gallery

Show Photos

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #77 of 563
Thank you for the pictures El Cucuy

I heard them at the Munich High End and liked them a lot. As matter of fact so far they are my favorite head amps, especially the 2A3. I don't need that much power to drive my cans and the 2A3 sounded a bit smoother and rounded. 

Since I seem to like the 2A3 tubes, I was wondering;

Has anybody heard the 2A4 Egoista and the DAN Stratus? What do you think do they have in common and what are the differences. Any input would be welcome.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #78 of 563
A nice endorsment on Facebook by a VIVA's Numerico user.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #81 of 563
Does anybody know the retail price for the Numerico? 

Same price than the Egoista 845 (It includes DAC & CD)

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #82 of 563
Price near 10K€ for the Numerico.

I have understood that the electrostatic amp from Viva is in development. Thus comparing with Cooper's one will be very difficult. Perhaps asking to US HeadFiers ??

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #83 of 563
Which Input is the Best on the Numerico: USB or Coax ?

here the "tiny" USB Board...

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #84 of 563
USB or COAX ? Actually indeed technology should lead to better USB inputs. USB is mandatory for dematerialized HiRes.

I read that the Egoista pairs very well with the LCD 3F, putting it just below Abyss for a tiny step. Is it true for Classical which should be a change from Audeze LCD3 pre-fazor sound.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #85 of 563
Same price than the Egoista 845 (It includes DAC & CD)

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #86 of 563
a nice and... expensive complete system based on VIVA gears.  Enjoy : 

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #87 of 563
I must stop looking at this thread. Stop posting! ;¬)

Seriously tempted by the 845.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #89 of 563
  Thanks again bmichels, it seems you keep finding our show photos. :)  That was a heck of a system at last year's Newport show. 

I hope you don't mind me using them ?  
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back