Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 562

Frank I

Columnist/Reviewer at Headphone.Guru

The Viva Egolista is a 845 SET triode amplifier designed and made in Italy. Amedeo Schembri has been making world class tube amps for speakers. The 15W Egolista  can be finished in any automotive paint finish and is available for custom order. The 10K price make this one if the most expensive amplifiers for headphones manufactured. The 845 tubes are unique legendary triodes that are designed and available in speaker amp designs and used here in this headphone only design. The driver is a single 6sn7 with a 6n1P . Two 5U4G handle the tube rectification. The sound is liquid and  very transparent with inner detail and musicality. I am working the review with the prototype and have found the amplifier amazing with all my flagship headphones.

Amedeo hand tunes each amplifier for the best musical reproduction . The tonality of the instruments are very special on this amplifier. The Egolista is beautifully manufactured and weighs in at a heft 65 pounds.  A very special amplifier for anyone wanting the maximum transparency and musicality. Full review coming shortly.

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 562
It would be an very interesting comparison for sure. I have still not really heard the Pinnacle so I cant offer any impressions but cna probably take a listen at the CanJam at RMAF this year to get an idea.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 562
Been listening with the lCD X and XC and the HD800 using both the Oppo BDP 105 with wywires Platinum cables and have the Hugo Chord set up in another input for the  Egolista with the Black Cat interconnects and a Audioquest USB cable. The Egolista has 5 inputs for sources. The amplifier sounds every liquid with the hd800 and both LCD headphones. I will be trying the others and the he560 also is in house and sounds excellent with this combination

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 562
Indeed it does. You can use any IEM . I will be including the UE 18 and Roxannes in my review plus sensitive phones like the Focal Classic  which is very sensitive. I no longer have the th900 but it will work well with them. This is a very special amplifier. The worlds first with the mythical 845 triodes.  I am enjoying the time with this amp.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #9 of 562
Thanks Frank, for the review and your observations of the Viva Audio Egoista.

As a Viva dealer for a number of years now, I was pleasantly surprised when Bob (our importer) had arranged for the manufacturer to direct-ship these new pieces to Blackbird Audio Gallery just ahead of our packing up our systems for the Newport Audio. The Egoista headphone amplifier AND the Numerico DAC/player were really a surprise for me, both in their appearance and performance.
As our main room was primarily for a full two channel set up, we still kept the Egoista running and as we could, we'd encourage interested attendees into giving it a listen when we were able to keep the main system from playing.  
All in all it was a great "introduction" as the first time these pieces were shown in the U.S., having been sent to us pretty much directly from the Munich show.

Both the Numerico and the Egoista are going to be really great additions to the Viva lineup.  I'm really exited about these products!

Dan Muzquiz
Blackbird Audio

From our display room at Blackbird Audio Gallery: 

From our display room at the Newport show:

The Numerico:

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 562
  Indeed it does. You can use any IEM . I will be including the UE 18 and Roxannes in my review plus sensitive phones like the Focal Classic  which is very sensitive. I no longer have the th900 but it will work well with them. This is a very special amplifier. The worlds first with the mythical 845 triodes.  I am enjoying the time with this amp.

Does it handle more sensitive headphones, IEMs or TH900?

While I had the Egoista here, I put a little bit of time on it with the Ultrasone Edition 8, Pro 900's and their open back PRO 2900 headphones and Cardas Audio's in-ear speakers.  All performed admirably.

- Dan

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #11 of 562
Dan,

I wil  be mentioning more  in Part two more of sensitive IEM used for the listening sessions. The sound is incredibly transparent  and the sound with stock tube sin excellent. i see no reason to roll in this amplifier.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #14 of 562
I did nit really spend much tie with the Crayon but I will ask Fred if I can review one to do a more thorough comparison. The crayon certainly is world class and there is a new model coming out that will also do stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back