Vista - How do I kick people off my network?
Oct 17, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 20
The last time I kicked a noob of my network I took a sword and cut their cat5 cable off. It was really funny!

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 20
Do you have access to their computer at all? You could also set the network to use a static IP adress and assign the correct IP to yourself. His computer will still be setup for dynamic IP addressing and thus will not connect fully. The downside is you have to change those settings if you go out of wherever you're at.

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last time I kicked a noob of my network I took a sword and cut their cat5 cable off. It was really funny!

You call people noobs AND you own a sword? Friend, it is time to evaluate the face you show the world.

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You call people noobs AND you own a sword? Friend, it is time to evaluate the face you show the world.

icon10.gif

Chud: it's YOUR network. Do what you want with it. Physically disconnect him, and tell him that unless he shapes up, he can get his own network. Don't be a wuss, lay the law down, and do it blatantly. No covert sissy nonsense...

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Chud: it's YOUR network. Do what you want with it. Physically disconnect him, and tell him that unless he shapes up, he can get his own network. Don't be a wuss, lay the law down, and do it blatantly. No covert sissy nonsense...

X2, use direct communication and be a man.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 20
Restrict access to it.
Wireless -> Change password, certain MAC addresses only, ..
Wired -> Physical access to the cable. Lock door, remove/disconnect cable, ...

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2, use direct communication and be a man.

haha, this is nothing malicious and warrants no muscle flexing.

all in good fun, but i have been wanting to know about how to do this and this reminded me.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 20
I find that if you set people's lawns aflame, they're generally too busy to surf the netz.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that if you set people's lawns aflame, they're generally too busy to surf the netz.

do you prefer the slow burn of diesel or the instant flash of gasoline?

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you prefer the slow burn of diesel or the instant flash of gasoline?

Diesel is too difficult to ignite - it requires much higher temperatures than gasoline before it catches fire.

Gasoline mixed with motor oil, on the other hand, tends to be equally effective with a lower ignition point.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #15 of 20
If they're running Vista and don't update often I would have some fun with that recent SMB2 exploit- aka, remotely bluescreen their machine over and over.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back