Vishay/Dale resistors.
Apr 25, 2004 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

IpsilonSound

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone knows where to purchase them except Mouser?

I have local access to buy NTE metal film ones, which are 1% and more, but they are not the same quality as VD. So I wouldn't want to use them in the sound path for my PPAs. What other brands are comparable with VD, if any?

Apr 25, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 22
I have used both the NTE and Dale/Vishay resistors and have heard no difference in quality. The Dale/Vishay's are only popular because they don't have endcaps.

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Newark sells Vishay Dales or Digikey sells BC Components resistors, which are very good.

I'd prefer Newark and digikey, since I'm in Canada and they have Canadian distribution window with no import duty and low flat shipping charge - $8Cnd.
Thanks!

Apr 25, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
from what i've heard Xicon brand is pure crap

Hmmm, Did you ever stop to think,......maybe the person who told you that was full of crap?
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Hmmm, Did you ever stop to think,......maybe the person who told you that was full of crap?
icon10.gif

hmm i'll have to talk to this guy on aim:x86inside again, wait, thats you
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

hmm i'll have to talk to this guy on aim:x86inside again, wait, thats you

No sir, I clearly told you that people whom offer second hand information like... "I heard that <insert useless random crap here> " are nothing more then propagators of ignorance and as such should be treated that way.
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #11 of 22
I agree with those who say that Xicon are comparable to VD resistors. Granted, I've only used them in a MINT, but with side by side MINTs that were otherwise idenical, I couldn't tell which one had the Xicons and which ones had the VD.

In fact, since the enclosures were identical, I had to keep opening then up to make sure I knew which one was which.

BPRJam

Apr 28, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #12 of 22
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd slip my question into this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm building a PIMETA and I need resistors. I'd like to buy through Digikey. Do they sell individual resistors? It looks like they only show prices for large amounts. I'm confused by the choices, what specific resistors should I be looking at?

Apr 28, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
I'd like to buy through Digikey. Do they sell individual resistors? It looks like they only show prices for large amounts.

Yes they do, but if your order is below their minimum ($25 I think) you will have to pay a transaction fee. Quote:

I'm confused by the choices, what specific resistors should I be looking at?

Typically 1% tolerance, 1/8w, tape (that describes how the resistors come).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back