Visang R03 vs. Hippo VB
Apr 19, 2010 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TiRider

New Head-Fier
For no reason what so ever I'm looking to move up from NE-6 to either the Visang R03 or the Hippo VB. No RE0 suggestions please (I have my reasons) or M11's either (already have them as backups). I'd just like some opinions on these two IEMs. As far as music and source - mostly post grunge and industrial from an iPhone 3GS.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 4
I would be very surprised if anyone has heard both at this point. There are maybe a half-dozen R03 owners on the forum and the hippo earphone are nowhere near as popular here as they are over at ABI.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 4
ljokerl, the reason I'm interested in these two IEMs is because of your thorough reviews. I just wanted a little real world experience with either one. Durability is a big concern for me. I'm hard on my IEMs so hearing about how they hold up is important. So now I guess I'll just stick with my NE-6's until we get some more feedback on them.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I have them both actually. They are close in SQ, but I would say VB has a slightly better (though not by a lot), more dynamic and balanced sound, as compared to the warmer, smoother sounding R03.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back