Visang R03 vs. Brainwavz M2--What exactly is the difference?
Oct 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rcjroxanne

New Head-Fier
Hello! I've been lurking for a little while but finally decided to make an account and join the head-fi community. I'm deciding between Visang R03 and the Brainwavz M2, which look exactly alike to me and have the same specs. Is there anything really substantial that differentiates the two? As far as I've read in reviews, the differences in usage are quite minimal but I still am not quite sure which to choose. Has anyone been able to use both and can help a new, un-experienced member?
smile_phones.gif
Thanks in advance for your help!

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 8
Unless I'm mistaken they are the same thing. The M2 just happens to be the international product and is rebranded by MP4nation. There may be small changes such as the connector and some accessories but sound wise they should be the same thing assuming I'm correct.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Hello! I'm been lurking for a little while but finally decided to make an account and join the head-fi community. I'm deciding between Visang R03 and the Brainwavz M2, which look exactly alike to me and have the same specs. Is there anything really substantial that differentiates the two? As far as I've read in reviews, the differences in usage are quite minimal but I still am not quite sure which to choose. Has anyone been able to use both and can help a new, un-experienced member?
smile_phones.gif
Thanks in advance for your help!

The Brainwavz version  has a 45-degree 3.5mm plug while the R03 has a regular straight plug. There is also a difference in the accessory kits - I believe the Brainwavz come with some ear guides and a different hard case. Nothing significant and no sonic differences whatsoever between the two.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 8
same exact headphones other than the plug being a 45 instead of straight. i am listening to some M2's right now and they sound fantastic. i absolutely love them.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks everyone, for replying so quickly! I think I'll be putting in an order for M2's tonight even though I have read reviews on really slow shipping with MP4nation...but I guess even through ebay, the Visang would be shipped from China, so shipping times would be similar? I suppose the wait is worth it for the angled plug so I can use the earphones without worrying about the damage commonly associated with the straight plugs...I can't wait! =)

Just for my own personal information, does anyone have any thoughts on how these compare to Thinksound's TS01's? I listen to quite a variety of music so I'm not sure if the described "warmth" in sound is appropriate for all music genres.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Thanks everyone, for replying so quickly! I think I'll be putting in an order for M2's tonight even though I have read reviews on really slow shipping with MP4nation...but I guess even through ebay, the Visang would be shipped from China, so shipping times would be similar? I suppose the wait is worth it for the angled plug so I can use the earphones without worrying about the damage commonly associated with the straight plugs...I can't wait! =)

Just for my own personal information, does anyone have any thoughts on how these compare to Thinksound's TS01's? I listen to quite a variety of music so I'm not sure if the described "warmth" in sound is appropriate for all music genres.

shipping is kinda slow from mp4 nation, but yes everything does ship out of china. my order took 2 weeks from the day it shipped to the day it arrived. they do offer a faster shipping service though for an extra fee. the M2's are worth the wait though.

to answer your other question, they won't be perfect for all genre's. no single headphone is. they would not be best for classical for example.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

I actually preferred buying the ViSangs on ebay as the shipping times were closer to two weeks than four. However, the seller I used doesn't seem to stock earphones anymore so you'd be taking a chance. 

As for the TS01, I think the R03 sounds more enveloping and more realistic. The TS01 is rather v-shaped in signature, meaning it's got lots of bass and lots of treble. The R03 has much more forward mids which makes it much better-suited for vocal genres, etc. I'd say the R03 is more on par with the newer (and more expensive) TS02 than the TS01. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back