Virtual Barbershop FLAC File
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Not Deaf

Head-Fier
I'm sure all of you are familiar with the virtual barbershop binaural audio with Luigi. I've looked around and can only find the 192kbps version. I've heard of a 256kbps version out there but can't find it and am really looking for the lossless version of it. Has anyone heard of this audio clip in lossless format and/ or know where I can find it?
If anyone has it, I'd be stoked if you could share it with me. Thanks!

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Nov 28, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 7
When the sound moves from L to R and viceversa it penetrates the skull ... not a nice experience indeed. No front sound. This is when headphone experience becomes stressing.
If not most of the audio listening would be through headphones. I am sure of this. And closed one in particular.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 7
When the sound moves from L to R and viceversa it penetrates the skull ... not a nice experience indeed. No front sound. This is when headphone experience becomes stressing.
If not most of the audio listening would be through headphones. I am sure of this. And closed one in particular.
you can play around with this if you like http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/salles/listen/sounds.html
those are recorded in the ears of different people so they give you a small taste of how different it can be from people to people. basically they all get the subjective experience of the sound moving around them in circle at an even distance(many small speakers are around them that way). but when you listen to what they heard, you get a very different subjective impression because your cues for position aren't their cues(different head size, different shape of ears, etc).
when you got problems with that demo, it just means that your head isn't very close to the dummy head they recorded this with. extra differences can be cause by the FR of your headphone. you can fool around with the EQ and see how that affects some of your impressions, but it won't compensate for all the differences between you and the dummy head.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 7

I get a little bit of in front, but it's as if it's right directly in front of my eyes about as far away as eyeglasses. But the worst part is it flickers from directly in front of my head to directly behind it. I can't control the flickering at all. That is REALLY annoying.

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Isn't there something like that on one of the Chesky CD demonstration discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back