Violinists: Pay per note? nuts IMO
Mar 25, 2004 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spent&Bent

500+ Head-Fier
Appearantly according to this story, these german violinists demand more salary because they play more notes then people from other orchestra's.

I find this a bit silly, getting paid per note, but how about you?

Mar 25, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Wow. What a shame. Crap like that really gives us violinists a terrible name. I mean come on, everybody already knows that violinists are the most gifted people on the planet. We should pity those who are not so lucky, like violists, and give them equal pay. I mean, they're doing the best they can, people! Why else do you think percussionists are paid as much as the concert master? Pity. Simple as that.

(
wink.gif
heeheehee I crack myself up
evil_smiley.gif
)

[I was serious about the percussionists. From my understanding, they ARE paid a whole damn lot. They must make a lot in terms of note/salary ratio...]

Mar 25, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 6
i used to love to play the violin, i played for 14 years, but my joints in my fingers have started to lock up and are no longer able to play with precision.

i miss it alot. people don't realize how damn hard it is to play the violin, that fingerboard ain't no viola board!

friggin' viola players... 3rd violins as i call them...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
i miss it alot. people don't realize how damn hard it is to play the violin, that fingerboard ain't no viola board!

friggin' viola players... 3rd violins as i call them...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, I played viola in high school
mad.gif
wink.gif

But this is pretty goofy; it would make more sense (though not a lot) to argue that they play more often, but counting notes....
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Let's just be glad drummers aren't signing per-beat contracts...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back