Violectric V222 and V202
Nov 27, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #197 of 1,757
Nov 30, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #199 of 1,757
I have now had V222 for a solid time, I would like to hear someone else's opinion on this also but:
I sold my Singxer SA-1 and im keeping this, during that two week period when I had the chance to return this unit, it never came into my mind to do so.
I dont hear or have any negative things to say about V222. Build is solid, i really like the industrial look.
The dark backround that i talked before is just, ah, so good. Layering is excellent and instrument separation was the biggest difference i noticed when comparing to SA-1. I was thinking of getting GS-X mini when i was making a choice between this but decided to pic this as it was German like my DAC (perfect reason)
I dont think that I will upgrade to something like V550 pro in the future, as it is described as "dead neutral" which i take as dry sounding like A90 was. Now is this bass boosted, v shaped amp? No, nothing actually pops up or overwhelms the other parts of the sound and i would consider this as natural-neutral, but there is just some little magic added to the sound that makes me prefer this amp.

Just a tought, we could start using terms like: warm-neutral, dry-neutral, natural neutral and harsh-neutral. All of the amps i have listened to sound neutral to me, just having a little shift to some feeling.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #201 of 1,757
Dimensions from the manual
v222Specs.jpg

In terms of sound the amp is very pleasant and well rounded with the focal clears.
There is no harshness in the treble unlinke my previous FA-22 Flux Lab, without losing the brilliance.
In my opinion it's a warm-neutral sound, i like it and expect it with my headphones.
It's an investment, but on the other hand i fall into the music without something negative stand out and enjoy the magic.
I am playing with the idea of trying out burson op-amps with this amp next year...
For me, the v222 is a keeper!

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #203 of 1,757
I believe more V222’s are supposed to become available in the next week. Arthur has been super through all this but I still cancelled my order. One too many bad experiences with Lenbrook in the past have made me gunshy about having $$ in open ended limbo.

Nov 30, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #204 of 1,757
I believe more V222’s are supposed to become available in the next week. Arthur has been super through all this but I still cancelled my order. One too many bad experiences with Lenbrook in the past have made me gunshy about having $$ in open ended limbo.
I'm in the same boat right now.Arthur is really attentive, I understand it is not his fault and I dont mind waiting, but atleast the webpage should be updated letting the customers know that the item is out of stock. Also, some sellers list the item as preorder or so, charging the money after the item is shipped. This is my most expensive amp purchase so far. I'm worried about making a this purchase already.

Dec 1, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #205 of 1,757
Got mine a week ago in Europe after waiting for about a month. I cannot speak about sound technicalities it has, I only had 2 dac/amps before it and I am using it with Qutest.
The build quality is great. Volume knob is amazing, I am liking the stepping and smoothness of movement and also the size of it. I don't like that the pre-gain switches are at the back and also very small, I need to use pencil or my finger nail to switch. I want to use the amp for probably couple of headphones with different sensitivities, so switching the gain might be annoying. It does get warm/hot during hours of listening so I don't stack the dac on it but it is not a big problem, just saying if someone is thinking about that. Generally it is a device to keep for long term.

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #206 of 1,757
I noticed the heat also when DAC was on top, but when I set the DAC next to it, no issues. I agree if you wish to toggle gain often, it is indeed a hassle, tough not issue for me as I rarely use the AMP:s volume nob. I prefer to use my computers volume control and rarely touch my dac or amp volumewheels.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #207 of 1,757
All the points are plausible.

Just a few thoughts.. do not pay that much money if it does not fit your daily use cases.
In this endgame area (for me) there is no space for (a few) downsides.
There might be more versatile amps out there, also cheaper, the V222 is just an amp for headphones, nothing more, nothing less.
The amp has the benefit of a huge gain range, but on the other side it's nothing to switch hundred of times.
Maybe the amp gets hotter with more demanding headphones, but i'm sure this is a common behavior with powerful amps.
2020 i thought alot about the singxer sa-1 because of the hype and i was new in this hobby, just had headphones, no dac (besides my soundcard), no amp.
For me it was too expensive in general and there are also downsides (gain switch without much impact on the bottom..) and a few other things.
But i never heard it, i'm sure the amp is very good for the money (in europe 499), as described by @FinHifi .
I watched a lot of reviews on youtube about different amps and bought the expensive Flux Lab last year, but it was not for me..
could not sent it back because the region charges and also i was too late, trying out some other devices in this time to locate the device for my "issue" with the sound.
Maybe it was a synergy thing, but i can't switch that easily to another amp or hifi headphones (besides some cheap AKG and a focal listen).
Later i discoverd "MidFiGuy" on Youtube, he describes exactly the things i heard on the flux lab.
I bought the amp because the manufacturer is local for me, with a 14 days return guarantee, good support, not that much marketing, instead good quality products for musicality (but expensive).

If you are not sure, wait a few weeks or months, wait for reviews and more impressions of persons you trust.
Give it the time, because it should be a endgame thing for most.
For me, as a daily driver, i'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #208 of 1,757
Bought my SA-1 used for 400e and sold it for 320e about a week ago :p
And yeah, bear in mind that I do not have any 1000e amp to compare my Violectric, so i do agree with @hel666 to wait for a reviews, unless you have a return policy, then try it or the V202, which is identical sounding in my opinion on lower impedance headphones.

Dec 5, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #209 of 1,757
Not sure if this the best place to post, but the thread for my recent amp "purchase" has gone cold. I decided to go with the V340 for BF/CM discount through Power Holdings, and order still looks like it is not processed. Did receive a very short message from Arthur, but it seems like there is something preventing them from getting orders out? V340 is not the hot, new product, so I assume being out of stock is not the issue(?). Should I be concerned or patient? It was between this and the Ferrum Oor - I feel like I would be listening to the Oor right now if I had ordered it.

Dec 5, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #210 of 1,757
Not sure if this the best place to post, but the thread for my recent amp "purchase" has gone cold. I decided to go with the V340 for BF/CM discount through Power Holdings, and order still looks like it is not processed. Did receive a very short message from Arthur, but it seems like there is something preventing them from getting orders out? V340 is not the hot, new product, so I assume being out of stock is not the issue(?). Should I be concerned or patient? It was between this and the Ferrum Oor - I feel like I would be listening to the Oor right now if I had ordered it.
The wait is worth it. Violectric SS amps are among the best in its price bracket.

Talk/write to Arthur. He is one of the most professional guy in this industry that I have the pleasure to deal with for my past purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back