Violectric HPA V280 - balanced headphone amp - impressions and discussion thread
Feb 9, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #226 of 1,098
I own a V281 and find the difference with this amp between SE and balanced to be night and day. The difference is not subtle in the least. When I first unpacked the unit, I plugged in my HD800S into the SE jack and was pretty disappointed. Flat, small soundstage and lifeless. I switched to the Balanced output and the sound totally transformed. A broad soundstage appeared, the bass became much more extended and everything was just beautifully presented. The V280 and V281 were designed to be used balanced. If I was only going to run this amp SE, I would definitely have chosen a different amp. When running balanced, it is an end game SS amp without question.

I agree! I have both the V280 and the V281 and they sound much better in balanced mode.

Jeff.

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #232 of 1,098
I have had the V280 and HD800S’ for about a month now. Amazing combo! The combo just keeps gettin better for me. This is using a Plenue2 and DX200 as a source balanced into the V280. I love it. I know I can get better with a dac and I will eventually get there. I wholeheartedly recommend the V280. I don’t think you will regret it at all. Even SE this amp sounds amazing. Balanced takes it to another level though. It sounds amazing and is built like a tank. Buy it and be done with looking at amps!

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #233 of 1,098
Completeley agree here!!! Have it from October 2017 and couldnt be happier! Sound is very detailed, fast, airy, wide, holographic and BEST OF ALL POWERFULL AND NATURAL SOUNDING Unlike most high end amps!!! This amp ir very natural and analog sounding so i suggest any potential buyers to pair with very clean and detailed dac for best synergy and performance! No need additonal warmth from dac... Well not too much.
Cheers for Fried Reim!!!

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #235 of 1,098
Got one of these inbound right now. When it arrives I’ll have the chance to compare it directly to my SPL Phonitor 2 and Questyle CMA600i before I have to pick 1 unit to keep. Having only heard the Violectric at CanJam (actually the V281), I still think it’ll be the pick of the litter. Should be a long, fun weekend!

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #240 of 1,098
Got one of these inbound right now. When it arrives I’ll have the chance to compare it directly to my SPL Phonitor 2 and Questyle CMA600i before I have to pick 1 unit to keep. Having only heard the Violectric at CanJam (actually the V281), I still think it’ll be the pick of the litter. Should be a long, fun weekend!

@Malcolm Riverside I was verily impressed with the amp function of the Questyle CMA600i when I auditioned it and have been considering getting it. Have you had a chance to put together a few words of comparisons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back