Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
May 19, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #691 of 737
Planarmagnetic headphones from CMA/Lake People

20230519_102043.jpg

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #698 of 737
Jul 9, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #699 of 737
I have the choice to go for both new a 590 v1 for around 2.400€ or 380 v2 for 2.200€.

What would be your recommendation and why? Using Abyss 1266.
I heared both when auditing, I chose the Burson soloist 3x gt.

I do remember the difference between de 380v2 and 590, that was quite a big step up.

If you think long term I would say, choose the 590, better option in every way.

I would not choose the amp for it’s dac section, there are better options, but the amp section is really really good!

Jul 9, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #701 of 737
I do not have the place and willingness for a futher tool, currently. That can be an add on later.

Any further ideas based on my one box solution? 🙂
I read your message, I remember myself 2 years ago.
Ultimately there will be two boxes. :ksc75smile:

1266 + Vio590 V1 sounds good. The Vio590V1 has replaceable DAC filters and upsampling. That is, you have more tools to fine-tune the sound, according to your preferences. The Vio590 V2 and Vio380 V2 have an ESS chip on board, it's brighter at high frequencies and doesn't have upsampling.

R2R DAC + Vio590/550+1266 is a completely different story. The sound is bigger, the space is more realistic, the bass hit is more prominent and heavy....absolutely insane...hold on to the corner of the house so you don't get knocked out.

Vio's amps have another great tool - the 9 positions/gain levels. This allows you to more accurately build the sound of your headphones.
I have not seen this on other amps. They usually have 2-3 gain settings, or none at all.

p.s.
Many times compared Vio590 and Soloist GT using 1266.
Vio was always half a step ahead. Faster articulate sound. The Soloist GT plays softer and not so fast, less bright at high frequencies.
I can't say that the Soloist GT is bad. But for my musical preferences, Vio is more suitable.

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #703 of 737
I read your message, I remember myself 2 years ago.
Ultimately there will be two boxes. :ksc75smile:

1266 + Vio590 V1 sounds good. The Vio590V1 has replaceable DAC filters and upsampling. That is, you have more tools to fine-tune the sound, according to your preferences. The Vio590 V2 and Vio380 V2 have an ESS chip on board, it's brighter at high frequencies and doesn't have upsampling.

R2R DAC + Vio590/550+1266 is a completely different story. The sound is bigger, the space is more realistic, the bass hit is more prominent and heavy....absolutely insane...hold on to the corner of the house so you don't get knocked out.

Vio's amps have another great tool - the 9 positions/gain levels. This allows you to more accurately build the sound of your headphones.
I have not seen this on other amps. They usually have 2-3 gain settings, or none at all.

p.s.
Many times compared Vio590 and Soloist GT using 1266.
Vio was always half a step ahead. Faster articulate sound. The Soloist GT plays softer and not so fast, less bright at high frequencies.
I can't say that the Soloist GT is bad. But for my musical preferences, Vio is more suitable.
I so don’t agree, but can also be a combination of amp, dac headphone. Right now I listen to chord qutest dac arya stealth and soloist 3xgt. I tried different dacs, built in dac, with the v590 etc… everytime the same two annoying thing happened (volume steps to big, unless you buy the most expensive v590 one, with different volume knob) too much bass, to the point it annoyed me, giving me ear ache. And I actually gave it two full hours listening sessions when I was looking for a new amp.

I do have to say I only love the soloist 3x gt + supercharger, and chord qutest, not the lower models bursons.

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #704 of 737
I so don’t agree, but can also be a combination of amp, dac headphone. Right now I listen to chord qutest dac arya stealth and soloist 3xgt. I tried different dacs, built in dac, with the v590 etc… everytime the same two annoying thing happened (volume steps to big, unless you buy the most expensive v590 one, with different volume knob) too much bass, to the point it annoyed me, giving me ear ache. And I actually gave it two full hours listening sessions when I was looking for a new amp.

I do have to say I only love the soloist 3x gt + supercharger, and chord qutest, not the lower models bursons.
Oh, aren't you the guy that heard his 650 for the first time with it's full dynamic potential and said the bass is to strong? xD

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #705 of 737
Oh, aren't you the guy that heard his 650 for the first time with it's full dynamic potential and said the bass is to strong? xD
No, don’t own a 650 :wink:, if you mean sennheiser?.

I certeanly won’t say the violectric is bad, but for me not a alrounder, some genres add to much bass, which I don’t like. The combination burson and chord dac, is more subtle in the lower end bass.

I do fully understand why some choose the violectric, it is a serious contender side by side. And I love the way it looks, a solid black box 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back