Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Nov 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #649 of 739
Kennerton GH50
Sennheiser HD 599
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
LOL. 0db is more than enough for these, or a v590 is overkill for them.
I kindly disagree. My Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO is a 80 ohm version, and it needs power. It performs much better with a +12db boost. I just tried it with a +6db boost, and I feel like the volume knob always has to be all the way up. And I believe I don't have hearing disorders. Do you own this amp and this headphone? Or is your opinion based on the specs?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #651 of 739
has anyone tried plugging 2 headphones into the dha v590 mk2 at the same time? does it work at all? if so, could this harm the device or the headphones? I plan to use xlr and 4.4 outputs at the same time when my other headphones arrive.

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #652 of 739
has anyone tried plugging 2 headphones into the dha v590 mk2 at the same time? does it work at all? if so, could this harm the device or the headphones? I plan to use xlr and 4.4 outputs at the same time when my other headphones arrive.
Yes it works. But you should not do this if different headphones are connected. If you listen to highly demanding headphones, and low-demanding headphones are connected to the second socket at this moment, then high volume can damage them.

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #653 of 739
DHA V590 mk1 has the option of selecting a digital filter . Which filter do you like more?

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #654 of 739
Are you listening to DHA v590 mk1 with HQPlayer? What settings do you use in HQPlayer? Thanks for the answers.
The settings that I use are in the photo.
1668878804308.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #655 of 739
DHA V590 mk1 has the option of selecting a digital filter . Which filter do you like more?

Do you mean the "resampling" option on the front panel? I just leave that on "best" most of the time. Manually switching to the X4 option gives more of an airy presentation. Not bright, just slightly more extended up top. Turning resampling off altogether is not usually a good idea though. It gets a little dull/slow/muddy unless you have a very high quality transport. But if you do, and you leave it on X1 or "best", it will sound just as good. So no point in using "off" as far as I'm concerned.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #656 of 739
Вы имеете в виду опцию "передискретизация" на передней панели? Я просто оставляю это на "лучшем" большую часть времени. Переключение вручную на опцию X4 дает более наглядное представление. Не яркий, просто немного более удлиненный сверху. Однако полное отключение передискретизации обычно не является хорошей идеей. Это становится немного скучным / медленным / грязным, если у вас нет очень качественного транспорта. Но если вы это сделаете, и вы оставите это на X1 или "best", это будет звучать так же хорошо. Так что, насколько я понимаю, нет смысла использовать "off".
No, I'm not talking about that. The instructions have a corresponding explanation on the choice of DAC filters. I give the photo below.
1668895457079.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #657 of 739
Today I decided to try Filter: Slow Roll-off / Short Delay.
With this filter, the sound becomes warmer. The bass is stronger and more textured.
Sounds great:gs1000smile:

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #659 of 739
Wow I guess I never read the manual, was not aware of the filter options. Will have to try them out and see if I hear much difference. It's usually a very small change in most DACs but sometimes worth it. So thanks!
Be sure to try it, it's worth it. Come back with feedback.:beerchug:

Nov 23, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #660 of 739
I purchased the Violectric 590 Mk 2 a few days ago and like it so far, but I'm not sure if there might not be a problem with my device.

On higher volume, there is static noise when using DAC inputs, either optical or USB. I switched cables, settings, sources but no luck.

I also disconnected the USB cable and used optical only, but the static persists, a crackling sound. This suggests that it is not any outside electrical interference, in my opinion.

The noise appears with volumes that I would not normally listen to. However, all DACs I owned previously were dead silent on all volumes.

Can some owner tell me if this is to be expected or may this be some kind of defect?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back