Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Aug 30, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #572 of 738
All Inputs.

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #573 of 738
does anyone know what the implementation of the violactric dha v590 mk2 dac is like? does it buffer and reclock all inputs (coax, opt, usb) or just the usb input?
The DAC itself is pretty weak.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #575 of 738
All Inputs.
are the dha v590 mk1 and v590 mk2 designed with buffer and reclock on all digital inputs? (coax, opt, USB, aes)? otherwise, in this case it doesn't matter what source is connected to the dha v590 mk2 (pc, streamer, TV) because everything is done by the Violectric dac, so the sound quality depends only on the Violectric device.

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #576 of 738
I am looking to purchase one of these units, however they seem to have discontinued the AKM version and replaced it with an ESS chip instead.

Can anyone comment on the sonic difference between the two? I prefer having the 4.4 mm Pentaconn instead of the dual 6.35mm jacks on the front of the unit but it seems many prefer the older dac chip for some reason.

Also, the resampling button seems to have disappeared from the front panel but can it still be adjusted via the remote control?

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #579 of 738
We all know better spec sheets does not necessarily translate into better sonic qualities so I'm going to need more than that to make a purchasing decision.
ESS is slightly brighter at the upper end than AKM. I didn't hear any other differences between them.

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #580 of 738
Also, the resampling button seems to have disappeared from the front panel but can it still be adjusted via the remote control?
This feature is only available on AKM

Aug 31, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #581 of 738
We all know better spec sheets does not necessarily translate into better sonic qualities so I'm going to need more than that to make a purchasing decision.
the 2x 9026pro chip is more transparent, more detailed, clearer and more balanced.it is unnecessary to face the fact that if something is measured and it has less distortion and noise than another version or another device, then when listening afterwards, the sound of a better measured device will never be noisier or more distorted than a worse one. what says otherwise is the usual hifi placebo or untrained ear.

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #582 of 738
Analog output stage matters. If you haven't compared both versions why bother posting?

Sep 6, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #585 of 738
I've just purchased v590 v2 (non Pro), and the volume pot is very stiff and moves with a scratchy metallic noise when turning it by hand. The motorised control can only move it 25% before it gets stuck. I assume I got a faulty unit? I'm very surprised to see an issue like that on an expensive device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back