Violectric DHA V380 DAC/Amp/Pre-amp
Feb 3, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #77 of 126
I now have a V340 that I acquired this past discount season. Moved up from a Jotunheim V1, so very much appreciating the upgrade. I was immediately struck by the refined, almost polite sound in comparison. I must admit that I was torn between the V340 and the Ferrum Oor and I am still having FOMO. Can anyone comment on the Violectric V340/80 sound compared to the Oor (without Hypsos)? Primary cans are Arya V2 and Audeze LCD-2 pre-fazor.

Feb 7, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #78 of 126
I'm interested in getting a Violectric amplifier as the solid state solution in my system. Has anyone here had the opportunity to listen to both the 222/226 and the 340/380²? I'm really curious what the sound difference between the two are to see if the 340/380² would be worth the extra cost.

For some context, my primary headphones are ZMF Caldera and Atrium, so from I have read so far I know a Violectric amp would be a great fit (with a Bifrost 2). Just looking to gather as much information as I can before I make a purchase. Thanks!

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #79 of 126
Feb 8, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #80 of 126
Well, I can tell you all, it's pulling its weight and then some. :L3000:

IMG_20230208_120814.jpg

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #82 of 126
I have reviewed both the V226 and V380².
The V222/226 share the same amplifier so the V340/380²

https://ichos-reviews.com/violectric-v226/
https://ichos-reviews.com/violectric-v380²/

The amplifiers share more in common than differences.
The 380² is a slightly more refined and higher - end version with a touch better technicalities and more neutral sound signature without sacrificing in musicality and engagement.

Thanks for this! After reading both of your reviews I think I will be rather happy either way. While I can see how the 340/380 is "better," it seems hard to see how it could $1000 better. I suppose it all comes down to overall feature set, of which there are weird little variables to consider (such as the 340 lacking a 4.4mm output).

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #83 of 126
... and the more I listen to the V340... the more I realize how much special the V200 is.... when set to DC coupling... need to mod the V340, I'm totally not at ease with how it sounds vs the DC coupled V200... @fdg

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #84 of 126
Is it just me? I audited burson conductor reference 3xr and violectric 380 2 and to me it felt like the bass was just too much present, I really did not like it on my arya stealth. (Yes I like clean bass, but not when it feels like it is pushed forward).

It was fatiqueing to me already after minutes of listening. I just really did not experience that crystal clear with the violectric everyon is talking about!?? Especially not switching A B between the Burson.

Maybe the arya stealth is a crap match with violectric? I actually really disliked it.

(With both amps I used usb player pro. Bit perfect USB-C)

Did I do something wrong, is there some setting to be change? Otherwise I really don’t get why everyone is so hyped? Unless focus bass and midbass is something everyone wants?

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #85 of 126
Is it just me? I audited burson conductor reference 3xr and violectric 380 2 and to me it felt like the bass was just too much present, I really did not like it on my arya stealth. (Yes I like clean bass, but not when it feels like it is pushed forward).

It was fatiqueing to me already after minutes of listening. I just really did not experience that crystal clear with the violectric everyon is talking about!?? Especially not switching A B between the Burson.

Maybe the arya stealth is a crap match with violectric? I actually really disliked it.

Did I do something wrong, is there some setting to be change? Otherwise I really don’t get why everyone is so hyped? Unless focus bass and midbass is something everyone wants?
try to reduce the gain

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #87 of 126
Does that change a lot in the bass response? I mean, tame the bass a little?
With some headphones, the gain reduction is perceived as a decrease in the amount of bass at the same volume level.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #88 of 126

Funny you should mention as I recently picked up a V226 and had the same feeling. I left it burning in for some time. Reducing the gain helped to some extent, but afterwards I still felt that the bass was just too fatiguing, and usually I love me some good bass :wink: I was using it with B&W P7s, which are easy to drive, but also with HD58X I had similar feelings. It's now back with the dealer who is helping to resell it as an open box.

Feb 20, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #89 of 126

Funny you should mention as I recently picked up a V226 and had the same feeling. I left it burning in for some time. Reducing the gain helped to some extent, but afterwards I still felt that the bass was just too fatiguing, and usually I love me some good bass :wink: I was using it with B&W P7s, which are easy to drive, but also with HD58X I had similar feelings. It's now back with the dealer who is helping to resell it as an open box.
Indeed, if one likes the Burson amps house sound or similar, the Violectric can feel that way. Burson has more sparkle and is more euphonic, definitely less bold and less damped than Violectric. Violectric definitelly separates better and feels more balanced but also more damped, less euphonic.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #90 of 126
Indeed, if one likes the Burson amps house sound or similar, the Violectric can feel that way. Burson has more sparkle and is more euphonic, definitely less bold and less damped than Violectric. Violectric definitelly separates better and feels more balanced but also more damped, less euphonic.
To me it was mostly the bass to be too much present, to my ears it feels physically like someone took a equalizer and, turned
The low end(bass frequenties) just a little bit up.

It actually start to annoy my earsdrums after a few minutes (which was with an open back planar (arya stealth) imagine
it would have been a closed back?

And yes I agree, nothing bad about the detail in sound.

I did not experience that with ifi amps and burson amps (and they do have a tight bass as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back