Violectric DHA V226
Mar 19, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #63 of 99
Good Day. Anyone here has tried this with ZMF Auteur and Aeolus?
Not with the Auteur or Aeolus, but my Verite sounded great with my then V281.
I can only imagine it would sound even better with the 226 since its tonality is so much closer to neutral.
On the other hand I consider the 226 an endgame amp for the 600 series, it gets almost everything out of my modded 6XX.
These amps simply don't care what you give them - planar or dynamic I have not heard one headphone sounding bad with the 226.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #64 of 99
Is it power enough to drive the Abyss 1266 and Susvara ?

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #65 of 99
Is it power enough to drive the Abyss 1266 and Susvara ?
Maybe good enough? But definitely not like a power amp.
Susvaras impedance is around the 226's peak power of 3,8W.

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #66 of 99
Maybe good enough? But definitely not like a power amp.
Susvaras impedance is around the 226's peak power of 3,8W.
Thanks for your reply..Mmm 3.8W already very powerful for most of the cans but still not good enough for Susvara.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #67 of 99
Thanks for your reply..Mmm 3.8W already very powerful for most of the cans but still not good enough for Susvara.
I guess the V340/80 should get you there in terms of power with 5W at 50 Ohm, or V550/90 with ridiculous 6400mW at 50 Ohm with XLR ins and outs.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #68 of 99
Hi.

Sorry my english is not the best...
So I beg your pardon.

I would also like to say that the Violectric is my first headphone amp.

I have been using the Violectric DHA V226 since 02/17/2022.

The Violectric arrived safely packed.
The volume control sits firmly on the potentiometer and nothing wobbles.
The gap dimensions are even.
The processing quality is excellent.

What I noticed, however, is that when I turn the volume control to the left and right between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. (without a signal), there is now and then a slight scratching of the headphones.

I use the DHA V226 with Audeze LCD-2 Classic headphones.
The headphones are connected to the Violectric via a ready-made XLR cable.

My first listening impression:
I have owned some CDs for over 30 years and I have never noticed so many details.
In my opinion, the combination of Violectric DHA V226 and Audeze LCD-2 Classic is a great combination.
As I said, both devices are not burned in yet.

I haven't used the amp's DAC yet because I don't have the gear.
I listen exclusively through a SACD player and use a turntable with a phono preamp.

The only thing that bothers me so far is the scratching when moving the volume control.
Therefore, the company will turn to Violectric.

When the devices are burned in, I will post a summary again here.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #69 of 99
Edit:

Hello everyone.

I would like to give my final verdict on the Violectric V226.

The amp and headphones are still not broken in properly.

But I am very satisfied with the combination of Violectric V226 and Audeze LCD-2 Classic.

It will definitely get even better!!!

I wrote to Violectric Support about the scratching.
The answer to my question came very quickly.
The scratching from the drivers comes from my phono preamplifier or its switched-mode power supply.

I'm going to get myself a line filter, then this problem with the scratching will also be solved.

My conclusion, if you are looking for a powerful headphone amplifier, the Violectric V226 is a good choice.

Feb 20, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #70 of 99
I just posted something in the V340 thread after seeing a comment there, but thought I should put it in here too as it's the more appropriate thread:

I picked up a V226 in December. Out of the box I found it very fatiguing. I didn't have much time to listen to it due to COVID issues and school holidays over here. But I returned to it every now and then and slowly clocked up some hours on it. I was using it with B&W P7s and HD58X, in single-ended (the former) and balanced (the latter).

It has a good sound stage, better than the Arcam rHead I had as a desktop amp for a while, and has the similar open-sounding mids as the Chronos. But I found the bass too overwhelming, and it could get fatiguing after a short time. Reducing the gain certainly helped take off the too-aggressive edge I was hearing, but even afterwards it just didn't gel with me. Needless to say I was disappointed after thinking it would be a good match - the Violectric Chronos is probably my all-round favorite dongle so far, and has been for over a year, so I had high hopes :frowning2:

Interestingly I found using the Chronos as a DAC, fed into RCA, gave a better balance to the sound than the built in DAC, even though I imagine both must share very similar components and technical specs. Using Mojopoly as a DAC also gave some interesting results. But either way I still found it fatiguing. In the end I figured I should just cut my losses and keep searching, and the dealer has offered to help me sell it second hand.

Anyway, I don't post this to rain on anyone's party - if you like it, keep on liking it :) But I figured I should post my experiences to help anyone else considering it.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #71 of 99
I just posted something in the V340 thread after seeing a comment there, but thought I should put it in here too as it's the more appropriate thread:

I picked up a V226 in December. Out of the box I found it very fatiguing. I didn't have much time to listen to it due to COVID issues and school holidays over here. But I returned to it every now and then and slowly clocked up some hours on it. I was using it with B&W P7s and HD58X, in single-ended (the former) and balanced (the latter).

It has a good sound stage, better than the Arcam rHead I had as a desktop amp for a while, and has the similar open-sounding mids as the Chronos. But I found the bass too overwhelming, and it could get fatiguing after a short time. Reducing the gain certainly helped take off the too-aggressive edge I was hearing, but even afterwards it just didn't gel with me. Needless to say I was disappointed after thinking it would be a good match - the Violectric Chronos is probably my all-round favorite dongle so far, and has been for over a year, so I had high hopes :frowning2:

Interestingly I found using the Chronos as a DAC, fed into RCA, gave a better balance to the sound than the built in DAC, even though I imagine both must share very similar components and technical specs. Using Mojopoly as a DAC also gave some interesting results. But either way I still found it fatiguing. In the end I figured I should just cut my losses and keep searching, and the dealer has offered to help me sell it second hand.

Anyway, I don't post this to rain on anyone's party - if you like it, keep on liking it :) But I figured I should post my experiences to help anyone else considering it.
Could very well be the choice of headphones. The HD58x aren't the most precise in the bass (high distortion) and they have much more bass than the HD650 for example and B&W are generally boosted quite a bit in the bass.

Not heard the P7 in a controlled environment, but remember them as slightly bass heavy with a bit subdued treble from a short listen I had many years ago. Every B&W headphone I've had have been boosted at least 3-4db in the bass, but most have been enjoyable to listen to (love my P9 and PX8 even though they are not neutral).

Both the HD650 and the HD58x sound very anemic in the bass unless properly driven. Never been able to drive either properly from a dongle, my mojo is the lowest powered device that I've been able to drive those headphones properly with. The V226 has around the same bass level as my other amps that are capable of delivering 1w or more in lower impedances and bass quality is very good on pretty much all my headphones, unless the headphone itself has really bad bass. The HD58x sounds boomy on all those amps due to tuning and high distortion in the bass. The HD650 has been fine on all those amps, even though it has some limitations in the bass.

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #72 of 99
Hello.
What do you think about this?
The V226 has power at 300 Om equal 1800mW, the V380 has 1450mW. 300 Om it is HD800S. So the V226 more powerfull than the V380 for these headphones. Maybe the secret is in the Pl vs Pa sign?

Mar 18, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #73 of 99

It's not the amp my friend - you just heard your headphone for the first time. Get a decent DAC for an amp like this.
And judging by your description dynamic headphones are not for you. Get something like a DCA Aeon, Ether 2 or an egg shaped Hifiman, which are much less dynamic, much smoother.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #74 of 99
It's not the amp my friend - you just heard your headphone for the first time. Get a decent DAC for an amp like this.
And judging by your description dynamic headphones are not for you. Get something like a DCA Aeon, Ether 2 or an egg shaped Hifiman, which are much less dynamic, much smoother.
I’ve heard my headphones through lots of different gear, including other desktop amps such as the rHead, Massdrop CTH, even RNDAC, as well as more powerful portable players. I used to have Aoen closed V1, keen to try V2 at some stage.

Mar 19, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #75 of 99
I’ve heard my headphones through lots of different gear, including other desktop amps such as the rHead, Massdrop CTH, even RNDAC, as well as more powerful portable players. I used to have Aoen closed V1, keen to try V2 at some stage.
Sorry, these all seem sub par for 300 Ohm Sennheisers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back