Vinyl Corner. Music, Gear, Experiences.
Jan 9, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #2,461 of 2,710
Seems like Kevin Gray is ready to rumble with his all ‘new’ and all tube mastering rig.

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,462 of 2,710
Any interest in comparison/demo between before and after HumminGuru ultrasonic cleaning process?

Jan 10, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #2,463 of 2,710
Yes of course

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #2,464 of 2,710
New or old records? Or both?
I was thinking a sound clip samples of b4 and after. Thoughts?

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #2,465 of 2,710
Whatever you guys are interested in as far as test goes, we can certainly do that. I’m actually curious myself…

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #2,466 of 2,710
I think new is not that interesting. Old records, worn and fingerprinted seems more useful. I think fingerprints reacts differently on an ultrasonic than the vacuum type. But I'm mostly curious about grooves with obvious dirt in it. Pictures or soundsamples... Don't make it a project. Just an indication is fine.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #2,467 of 2,710
I think new is not that interesting. Old records, worn and fingerprinted seems more useful. I think fingerprints reacts differently on an ultrasonic than the vacuum type. But I'm mostly curious about grooves with obvious dirt in it. Pictures or soundsamples... Don't make it a project. Just an indication is fine.
No, not a project. Just curious to see how well it does or how ineffective it is on badly handled/stored vinyl.
As you know, I use both. My DIY ultrasonic along with vacuum VPI cleaner. Problem with that approach is that it takes time and the rig is in my basement/shop. While HimminGuru will be mainly used for my upstairs collection and incoming new vinyl.

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #2,468 of 2,710
Made an easy ‘how to’ for beginners video but makes no sense to link it here for such advanced bunch of chaps. Lol
Comparison is coming soon thought.
(Making those freakn vids surely takes time.)

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #2,469 of 2,710
Not going to post pics of many recent lp acquisitions but this one is interesting…. I think.
3A039862-A022-4792-974B-FC45F7E7064A.jpeg

Jan 13, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #2,470 of 2,710
Black Sabbath Paranoid 50th anniversary boxset needle drop:

Jan 13, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,471 of 2,710
You mean this one?
I had it in my 'for sale' specials bin for years. It hasn't sold. I guess why? (fortunately it wasn't stolen either).
IMG_20230113_204255.jpg

These are very expensive original records. It's about time they made a good reissue. I even priced it rather conservatively (discogs at the time - 20%).

I wanted to sell it because, well... the name says it:imp:. It bothered me (not just the idea but even in a very real sense, but I won't go into that further).
The music is actually quite good and has aged a lot better than fi Deep Purple. And I think it's more aimed at the shock effect rather than actual conviction. In contrast to deep purple who are real whiny lucifer fanboys.

Good music that deserved a reissue

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #2,472 of 2,710
You mean this one?
I had it in my 'for sale' specials bin for years. It hasn't sold. I guess why? (fortunately it wasn't stolen either).

These are very expensive original records. It's about time they made a good reissue. I even priced it rather conservatively (discogs at the time - 20%).

I wanted to sell it because, well... the name says it:imp:. It bothered me (not just the idea but even in a very real sense, but I won't go into that further).
The music is actually quite good and has aged a lot better than fi Deep Purple. And I think it's more aimed at the shock effect rather than actual conviction. In contrast to deep purple who are real whiny lucifer fanboys.

Good music that deserved a reissue
Was it 50th anniversary reissue?
It actually sounds very good and it’s a fantastic album in my opinion.
I have posted unboxing on my YouTube channel as well but…. it might be hard to find since it’s titled ‘Thor meltdown’ or something. Where I played a clip of VC latest drama while unboxing it. 😂
Also posted comparison between dirty LP, HumminGuru cleaned and my own way of cleaning. However, I might have to do it again since Lef Zeppelin II LP is totally trashed and obviously run down to the ground with abuse it endured over the years. Suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #2,473 of 2,710
This needle drop is going to freak out a lot a guys on here but it is actually quite emotional and well recorded boxset. Imaging and soundstage is very realistic.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #2,474 of 2,710
I just noticed price on sticker…. Wow!
I had no idea…. This new boxset sells for $100 retail price. And sounds awesome. Extras include never released concerts and quad recording. Sweet deal IMO. Clearly yours isn’t that. My bad.

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #2,475 of 2,710
Wagner wasn’t accidental neither was Black Sabbath. DIE WALKÜRE has been used in more than few war movies. That’s for sure. It’s a powerful piece.
Thor is a nice guy in my opinion. Perhaps a little too thin skinned but, there’s always someone on the live comment section that will try to get the best of you. That’s the nature of the beast. Walker’s joke could have been a mix of British dark humor, poor taste at the wrong place and time. Evetho I don’t know a man, it felt like a low blow below the belt. It’s not like I couldn’t bring up a dozen atrocious events and shameful behavior from British history. It’s a cheap shot IMO. Thor is a gentle giant with a lot a passion for music. And I like the guy. Mazzy is fine too. On the other side of the spectrum but not an a-hole and hypocrite like Waxed. Who btw called on all his buddies today to help him ban my channel. 🤣😂🤣
I’ll work hard to make him happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back