Vintage Telephone-Fi
Jul 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
This is my 1,500th post and I love vintage telephones!

pastel_phones.jpg

Custom_Telephone_Lge.jpg

istockphoto_3865658_vintage_telephone.jpg

1919931307_cdfca18237.jpg

chewie0ol.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 13
Congrats on making Supremus, Spareribs! I was hoping you'd make it!

I love the old phones, too. I have fewer than headphones (
wink.gif
) but will pick up more when I have the room. They're dead simple to work on, built like tanks and the handsets are way better than any modern phone.

A couple favorites are the North Electric "Pyramid" and the Stromberg-Carlson 1243.

Cheers!

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love that rotary dial phones are now vintage.

x2

My grandfather used one all time until he passed away. Some 6 years ago.
Obviously they were well built and just went on forever...

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #9 of 13
I remember the grey one with rotary dials, almost like the ones in the first picture in first post. Everyone had them. Took forever to make a call lol! And yeah, horrible ringing sound too!

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #11 of 13
I have an old red rotary dial. Back in the day I would take it from group house to group house. We had the coolest group house phone.

These days I need an adapter to plug the pulse dial phone into the tone dial network; maybe one day I'll do something about it.

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 13
Jul 24, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #13 of 13
The phone arrived today and wow, I am amazed. It looks better than in the photos. I have it placed on an oval wooden table in my bedroom and it really adds character to the room. Nothing like these generic bland phones today. The build quality is amazing too. It's built like a heavy paper weight. It's the best design and craftmanship I've ever seen on a home phone. I'm impressed how these ebay sellers restore these phones to such great condition. Amazing restoration and worth every penny! Thumbs Up and the best antique piece I own!

chewie0ol.gif

Edit: And yes, it works and fully functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back