Viewsonic's new MovieBook DAP - portable High-Def?
Jan 21, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 8
The player is actually just a rebranded chinese player. From the picture it looks like a Ramos T8HD, which the Ramos player does cost a lot cheaper than the Viewsonic rebrand.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 8
Very affordable, but 8 GB on board? Micro SD? These are not the desired tools for 1080p! Shoot, my camera dumps out (too) highly compressed 1080p at around 6 MB/s. At that rate I can fit 45 minutes on the biggest card on the market (16 GB). Plus no HD camera of any consequence TAKES Micro SD, it's all CF on the good stuff and standard SD on the consumer. So I'm not sure who this tool is for...hackers with a lot of friends with good TVs and no player of their own? Folks who like carrying a bandolier of flash disks?

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The player is actually just a rebranded chinese player. From the picture it looks like a Ramos T8HD, which the Ramos player does cost a lot cheaper than the Viewsonic rebrand.

yes, and Viewsonic is a Taiwanese brand, we can say that a taiwanese is rebranded their half-twin
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 8
If you have your videos in MP4 format, the iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G will play back full 1080 (i or p, I don't know) with maybe 3-4 fps loss. 720p plays back flawlessly. I have both done this and seen it done. The videos have to be transferred onto the device via airsharing or some other external manager and played back within the app. So, hi-def has been available since 2009.

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #8 of 8
I just picked up the VPD400

8gb non touch screen ( specifically purchased the no touch )
micro sd
remote control
4.3 screen up to 720i

I caught it for 80$ new so i couldnt let it go.  Off the bat the UI is beautiful, in depth review will come after vigorous testing, but so far it is a monster pmp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back